- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- MBA Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Executive Education
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Program
- Experiential Learning Center
- Online Degree Programs
- Faculty & Research
- Academic Units
- Centers of Excellence
- Faculty Directory
- Alumni & Friends
- News and Events
- Alumni Online
- Alumni Groups
- Marshall Partners
- Support Marshall
- Contact Us
- Corporate Connections
- Engagement Opportunities
- Corporate Advisory Board
- Recruit and Hire
- News Room
- Featured Stories
- Upcoming Events
- Marshall in the Media
- Marshall News
- About Marshall
- Online library
- Computer accounts
- Student emails
- Technological support
- The MBV degree program is developed specifically for military veterans, active-duty, reserve and Guard personnel who have a less formal business background than typical MBA applicants/students.
- With veterans’ careers and schedule in mind, the program has minimal career with our combination of 16 on campus sessions each semester and distance learning.
- We deliver this program in half the time of a MBA program, and at half the price.
- The course is structured into “themes” instead of individual courses, allowing students to get to know our world class professors and the 20-40 military student cohort better.
- For example, MBV applicants would be non-business military-only professionals seeking business knowledge and acumen to bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- The amount of content provided in the one year program is equivalent to one year of the EMBA.
- The USC Marshall School of Business is a private research and academic institution committed to educating tomorrow's global leaders.
- Ranked as one of the country's top schools for accounting, finance, entrepreneurship and international business studies.
- Marshall also shares the rich history and vibrant community of the USC academic system.
- The university has a strong tradition and history with our armed forces.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the Master of Business for Veterans (MBV) work?
This is a 1 year (2-semester) on-campus program. Some class content will be supported and presented via distance learning technologies; however this is not a distance learning or online program. Classes are held over 20 full day sessions each semester, held every other Friday and Saturday throughout the semester.
Course topics are presented in a lock-step fashion. Intensive class discussions, project work, experiential exercises, and group activities are incorporated into the learning experience.
What resources are available to MBV students?
As USC students, MBV students will have the same resources (entertainment, Lyon Center, cultural events, etc.) available to them as all other on-campus USC students. However, some University resources such as health insurance and specific student-life related resources (such as those resources targeted towards undergraduate students) are either not provided or waived if applicable.
Online resources dedicated for Marshall students are available to this student population. This includes, but is not limited to:
What can a MBV graduate do with this degree?
This master degree provides graduate level business education that equips students with business knowledge, which could expand a business career or assist in launching their business career.
How is the MBV different from the MBA?
MBV MBA programs Time Length 2 semesters (8 months) 2 – 3 years Tuition $49,700 $85,000+ Number of Students in Each Class 40-50 only military students 50-70+
Why Marshall School of Business?