GMAT or GRE Score Report
The GMAT or GRE is waived for applicants who have or will receive an undergraduate from a 4-year U.S. institution with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.2 or higher.
TOEFL or IELTS Score Report – All candidates must possess and demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English. International applicants (those who are not U.S. citizens or not U.S. permanent residents) whose native language is not English must submit at least one of these test score reports. Marshall, however, does not require the submission of English Proficiency Exam scores by international applicants for the Full-Time MBA program who hold a bachelor’s degree completed in its entirety at an officially recognized non-U.S. university in which English is the language of instruction. In sum, all international applicants whose native language is not English must submit one of the following:
• Valid, official TOEFL or IELTS test scores; or
• Documentation demonstrating that English was the language of instruction at the institution at which the applicant completed their bachelor’s degree.
This documentation can either be:
• A university transcript that states that the medium of instruction is English (to be uploaded in the transcript section of the USC application); or
• Another official university document that states that the medium of instruction is English (to be uploaded in the “Optional Documents” section of the “Program Materials” part of the USC application.)
TOEFL or IELTS exams are valid for 2 years from the date taken.
• Summer Start – taken on or after June 1, 2021
• Fall Start – taken on or after August 1, 2021Upload unofficial copies (examinee score report or test-day printout) in the appropriate area below.
Important: Please register to have the testing service(s) forward USC the official school test report no later than the deadline for the admissions round within which you are applying. Failure to do so will result in your application being shifted to a subsequent admissions round.
• TOEFL IBT: 103 - must score no less than 20 on each of the four test components
• IELTS - 7.5 - must score no less than 6 on each band score.
• PTE Academic- 73
Submitting Official Test Scores
All candidates will need to submit official test scores (provided to USC by the testing service). To save time, applicants should, at the time of test registration, have the testing service(s) forward the official, confidential school report using the following institution codes:
• GMAT: MAcc: 389-XR-28MBT: 389-XR-07
• GRE: 4852• TOEFL: 4852
• IELTS: Choose “University of Southern California, Graduate Programs.” Do not enter the name and contact information of your specific intended graduate department. USC will only accept electronic IELTS scores. Paper scores are not considered official.