- Our student-centered program is based on flexibility, a collegial environment, free inquiry, informed risk taking and exposes students to top quality research early in the program.
- We employ a “learner-centered” approach, fostering intellectual partnerships between faculty and students as students hone their skills in identifying interesting research topics, conducting rigorous research, and presenting their research to academic and non-academic audiences.
- We maintain a high faculty-to-student ratio, allowing students to receive quality mentoring and to develop research and teaching skills under the apprenticeship of renowned faculty members.
- We strive for students to have ample co-authorship opportunities with faculty; most of our graduates produce multiple papers with faculty before graduation.
- Students have unmatched exposure to global cultures as USC is home to more international students than any other university in the United States.
- Graduates join two powerful networks with unsurpassed reach: the Trojan Family, with more than 375,000 USC alumni worldwide, and the Marshall Trojan Family, with 80,000 graduates in 123 countries.