The USC Marshall Venture Fund is an innovation fund where successful applicants share several traits, including:
- Early-Stage: We participate in the first institutional round. For select opportunities, we will co-invest with angels. In limited instances, we will invest in more mature ventures. For early-stage ventures, we require a product and, ideally, some market traction.
- Created by USC Students, Alumni, Faculty, or Staff: We require a direct nexus between the founding team and the University of Southern California.
- Dedicated Team: A commitment to the immediate advancement of the venture.
- Use of Funds: A clearly articulated plan for using USC Marshall Fund investment to tackle milestones, prove out a concept, and attract further funding.
- Industry Agnostic: We aim to source the most competitive USC-related companies. We are agnostic as to school (Marshall, Viterbi, Annenberg, etc.) and founder status (student, alum, faculty, or staff).
Check sizes range from $25,000 to $50,000 per investment. We target 10-12 investments per year.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. You may apply HERE.