The Virtual Business Professional (VBP) is a project for students and instructors around the world who want to engage in a global virtual team experience with students and instructors from other universities and other countries. The primary purpose of the VBP is to help students develop virtual and cross-cultural collaboration skills using state-of-the-art collaboration tools.
As a student, you will be able to add valuable skills to your resume. You will learn how to communicate effectively in virtual work environments, use social and AI-driven collaboration tools, navigate cross-cultural team processes, and hone your leadership skills!
This project emphasizes the development of critical-thinking, communication, and virtual and cross-cultural team-building skills among students with the following specific goals:
- Learn how to collaborate in global virtual teams;
- Introduce students to a virtual collaboration platform;
- Allow students to reflect on and assess their effectiveness in the virtual collaboration;
- Teach students leadership skills in virtual and cross-cultural collaboration projects;
- Provide students an opportunity to examine, analyze, and assess external online communication practices of an organization and identify recommendations.
If you are a faculty member interested in participating in VBP, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are a current participant of VBP, please click here to access the course materials (password required).