- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- MBA Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Executive Education
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Program
- Experiential Learning Center
- Faculty & Research
- Academic Units
- Centers of Excellence
- Faculty Directory
- Alumni & Friends
- News and Events
- Alumni Online
- Alumni Groups
- Marshall Partners
- Support Marshall
- Contact Us
- Corporate Connections
- Engagement Opportunities
- Corporate Advisory Board
- Recruit and Hire
- News Room
- Featured Stories
- Upcoming Events
- Marshall in the Media
- Marshall News
- About Marshall
- Do innovations payoff?
- How to design new products from web chatter?
- How do technologies evolve?
- How to predict takeoff and sales of new products?
- What are key drivers of firms' innovation?
- How to sustain a culture of relentless innovation?
- Should firms make or buy innovations?
- Where should firms locate R&D?
- Do spinoffs perform better than buyouts?
- Obtaining advance information about cutting- edge research done at the Center.
- Networking with leading innovation executives.
- Sharing and learning from best practices on innovation of major global corporations.
- Receiving regular briefings of new findings and insight on innovation done globally.
- Contribute to the development of the Center's global indices of innovation of firms, consumers, and nations.
- Receiving exclusive invitations to Center events.
Mission StatementGoal of understanding how innovation is changing global competition and how managers can better manage it
Leadership Through Innovation
About the Center
The USC Marshall Center for Global Innovation is the leading center for research on global innovation. Innovation itself is a key driver of the welfare of consumers, the success of firms, and the wealth of nations. The Center creates and disseminates cutting edge research on how innovation helps firms compete, growth, and succeed in today's global environment.
This invaluable resource is a collaboration among marketing scholars at the University of Southern California, Cambridge University, Imperial College London, and London Business School. This web site offers you extensive information on the research, tools, and indices of the Center.
What Distinguishes This Center
Unlike other innovation centers and organizations, this Center focuses on market data rather than opinion or survey to identify the factors that make companies, countries, and R&D clusters innovative. No other Center inside or outside of universities is based on such research on a global scale.
Board of Advisors
The Center has recruited a stellar Board of Advisors that can advise it on channeling its research in directions that are most important to its constituents, attracting qualified members, helping to plan events, and suggesting ways to maintain and enhance its thought leadership in business and academic circles.
Why do some major corporations with a history of achievement suddenly lose momentum while upstart companies thrive far beyond the expectations of investors? In Unrelenting Innovation: How to Create a Culture for Market Dominance, USC Marshall Professor Gerard Tellis argues that the culture for innovation is the major reason for enduring success today. [More]
The Center's is researching the following important questions in innovation:
The Center will attract the Chief Innovation Officers from the world's leading firms to create the proper environment for fostering innovation. Member benefits include but are not limited to the following: