- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- MBA Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Executive Education
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Program
- Experiential Learning Center
- Online Degree Programs
- Faculty & Research
- Academic Units
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Positions
- Faculty Resources
- Centers of Excellence
- Faculty Publications
- Research Fair Videos
- Alumni & Friends
- News and Events
- Alumni Online
- Alumni Groups
- Marshall Partners
- Support Marshall
- Contact Us
- USC Marshall Parents
- Corporate Connections
- Engagement Opportunities
- Corporate Advisory Board
- Recruit and Hire
- News Room
- Featured Stories
- Upcoming Events
- Marshall in the Media
- Marshall News
- About Marshall
- Which are the most innovative nations and regions of the world?
- Why are some nations and regions so innovative while others lag behind in innovativeness?
- How to design new products from web chatter?
- How have innovations affected the rise of nations throughout history?
- Do innovations payoff?
- How do technologies evolve?
- How to predict takeoff and sales of new products?
- What are key drivers of firms' innovation?
- How to sustain a culture of relentless innovation?
- Should firms make or buy innovations?
- Do spinoffs perform better than buyouts?
- 1st Prize Diagnostic Group (pdf)
- 2nd Prize Reebeez
- 3rd Prize Benevolent Technologies for Health (pdf)
- 3rd Prize Infinurja (ppt)
Disease Diagnostic Group – $25,000 First PlaceAt the 2015 Innovation Coast Conference and Competition
InBrace - First place $20,000At the 2016 Innovation Coast Conference and Competition
BLITAB Technology Ltd. - Second Place $15,000At the 2016 Innovation Coast Conference and Competition
AesculaTech - Third Place $10,000At the 2016 Innovation Coast Conference and Competition
Leadership Through Innovation
About the Center
The USC Marshall Center for Global Innovation is the leading center in the world for research on global innovation. Innovation itself is a key driver of the welfare of consumers, the success of firms, and the wealth of nations. The Center creates and disseminates cutting edge research on how innovation helps firms compete, grow, and succeed in today's global environment.
What Distinguishes This Center
Unlike other innovation centers and institutes, this Center focuses on market data rather than opinion or survey to identify the factors that make companies, countries, and R&D clusters innovative. No other Center inside or outside of universities is based on such research on a global scale.
Board of Advisors
The Center has recruited a stellar Board of Advisors that can advise it on channeling its research in directions that are most important to its constituents, attracting qualified members, helping to plan events, and suggesting ways to maintain and enhance its thought leadership in business and academic circles.
Why do some major, successful corporations suddenly lose momentum while startups thrive far beyond the expectations of investors? In Unrelenting Innovation: How to Create a Culture for Market Dominance, USC Marshall Professor Gerard Tellis argues that the culture for innovation is the major reason for enduring unrelenting innovation and success today. [More]
The Center's is researching the following important questions in innovation:
The Center has published research on the following questions:See the 2016 Competition Results
Startup Index of Nations & Regions
Open to business owners, entrepreneurs, and anyone with innovative ideas.
2015 Innovation Coast Winners
Program Information (pdf)