Self-assessment is doing a realistic appraisal of yourself and interests. It is the first step in the career planning process. Assessment tools cannot tell you what career or business discipline you should choose. They are designed to help you learn more about yourself so you can make an informed decision.
Marshall provides free access to CareerLeader® for current Marshall Graduate students.
What is CareerLeader?
Developed by two experienced Harvard Business School career counselors, The CareerLeader tool is an interactive tool that offers a personalized, online self-assessment, turning insights about your skills, interests, motivators and passions into concrete recommendations for your business career path.
How does it help?
Your CareerLeader assessment can help you in choosing a career, preparing winning applications, and successfully navigating the interview process. More than 200 leading business programs offer this assessment tool to students.
Based on these assessments, CareerLeader:
- Provides in-depth views into 27 business career paths and recommends specific career paths for your consideration
- Rates your entrepreneurial attributes
- Gives insight into how you might fit with a variety of corporate cultures
As a Marshall student, the Marshall Graduate Career Services Center provides you with free access to this valuable online tool.
After completing CareerLeader, analyze your results including descriptions of your business interests, values, skills, strengths, and weaknesses.
- What is my passion?
- What do I enjoy doing and find most rewarding?
- What career paths suit my passion and interests?
- What is the relationship between my professional interests and my personal desires and needs?