World Bachelor in Business
Three universities. Three continents. Three degrees. One unparalleled experience.
Los Angeles, California
University of Southern California’s Marshall School of Business
Students begin their WBB education at the University of Southern California’s Marshall School of Business. Consistently ranked among the nation’s premier schools, USC Marshall is internationally recognized for its emphasis on entrepreneurship and innovation, social responsibility and path-breaking research. Its undergraduate programs emphasize experiential learning that nurtures entrepreneurial talent and critical-thinking skills. Located in Los Angeles, USC Marshall is integrally connected to Pacific Rim industries defining the new business frontier.
At USC, students are immersed in business from day one. The first year includes foundational business courses like Microeconomics for Business, along with classes designed to build essential business skills like Writing and Critical Reasoning.
In Leading Organizations, which focuses on leadership and management skills, students participate in hands-on projects at the Experiential Learning Center, one of the top business training facilities at any institution of higher education. Through business simulations, students put theory into practice and develop leadership, negotiation and communication skills.
The WBB cohort also travels to South America for exposure to an international market outside of the three zones included in the degree.
• Founded in 1880 and the oldest private research university in the West
• Consistently ranked among the nation’s top tier of research institutions
• University Park campus attracts nearly 35,000 students from throughout the United States and 100 countries; USC has the largest number of international students of any U.S. university
• 400+ internationally regarded graduate and professional programs
• Strong corporate connections and Trojan Family Network of more than 300,000 alumni in over 100 countries
Hong Kong, China
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
Year two takes students to Asia for an intensive year of study at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. HKUST is a top-ranked international university with world-class faculty and facilities. The HKUST Business School is recognized as one of the most respected business schools in Asia and has an international faculty of 140 professors. The school has also established a solid international reputation for its research excellence, with consistent rankings as No. 1 in Asia and top 20 in the world.
Leveraging HKUST’s strengths as a school of science and technology, students gain professional and technical knowledge while developing a strong entrepreneurial spirit and innovative thinking. Courses offer unique insights into the way business works in China and Asia and provide an introduction to the Chinese languages. Other courses such as Mathematics for Economists, Business Statistics, and Introduction to Information Systems emphasize mathematical and analytical skills. Students take their first Accounting class and develop critical-thinking skills studying Science and Technology and other subjects.
In the first and second years, students can select from a variety of humanities courses (literature, art, anthropology, religion, etc.) designed to encourage an appreciation of Western and/or Chinese cultures and to develop analytical and communication skills.
• Named the top university in Asia by QS Asian University Rankings 2011–2013
• Global reputation for its world-class EMBA and MBA programs, as well as high-quality research
• 30-plus nationalities creating a diverse undergraduate student mix
• Dynamic learning environment designed to nurture well-rounded graduates with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and innovative thinking
• Strong ties with global thought leaders as well as wide-ranging connections with Mainland China
Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi
For the third year, WBB students move from the Pacific Rim to the heart of Europe to study at Università Bocconi in Milan, Italy. Founded in 1902, Bocconi is a university of international standing in business, economics, and law that welcomes students from dozens of countries. Its programs, from Bachelor through Ph.D., focus on interactive teaching methods and hands-on experience that prepare students for success in the job market. Bocconi promotes economic advancement through research and instills civic values in all its students by placing a strong emphasis on ethics.
The Bocconi curriculum focuses on finance, economics, and law; and courses in the third year will include Corporate Finance, Financial Markets and Institutions, and European Economic Policy. Students examine the fundamentals of Italian civil law within the broader framework of European legal culture in Introduction to the Legal System, and analyze economic developments in Western nations in Economic History. The course in Public Management explore the complex relations between private businesses and the government bodies for whom they supply products, services, and management know-how at the national and local levels.
In additional classes, students learn about the specifics of doing business in the European Union and build introductory Italian language skills.
About Università Bocconi
• Highly ranked MBA and Master of Science programs
• Dynamic study environment with students and faculty coming from 80 countries; international programs from Bachelor to Ph.D. taught in English, with emphasis on research at all levels
• Network of relations with 200 leading universities in 50 countries, enabling more than 2,000 study abroad opportunities each year
• Strong connections with the global business community and the international job market, including a solid network of alumni
• Modern, urban campus, fully equipped with up-to-date resources and facilities, providing a variety of cultural, social, and sporting activities
Los Angeles, Hong Kong, or Milan
Choose any of the 3 partner universities
In the fourth year, WBB students choose one of the three partner universities to complete their studies. Throughout their journey, students gain an understanding of their interests and future goals. This crucial fourth year provides students with the flexibility to truly customize their college experience. Year four allows students to focus on specific interests and objectives, not only in the choice of which school to attend, but also through the selection of elective courses.
Curriculum of Your Choosing
A final year at Bocconi honing Italian skills and taking seminars on international finance
More time at HKUST to further explore Hong Kong as a world financial center and China as an engine of growth in international business
Return to USC, leveraging partnerships with the university’s connections to the entertainment, real estate, or communications industries