We will begin accepting applications for Fall 2020 admission on August 1, 2019. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as MS GSCM is a competitive and selective program.
Decisions are released through the online application system. The admissions committee reviews applications during each round.
- Application Opens: August 1, 2019
- Round 1: October 28, 2019 (notification by November 25, 2019)
- Round 2: November 25, 2019 (notification by January 13, 2020) (Priority Housing and Scholarship Deadline)
- Round 3: January 13, 2020 (notification by February 17, 2020)
- Round 4: February 17, 2020 (notification by March 16, 2020)
*We will accept applications on a rolling basis after the February 17 deadline, but if the cohort is full, your application may be considered for Fall 2021. The application portal will close on June 1, 2020 and reopen for the Fall 2021 admissions cycle on August 1, 2020.
Mandatory orientation for both on-campus and online students will be held on the USC campus sometime in early August 2020. The orientation is typically a full week long. On-campus students - please plan to be in Los Angeles a week before orientation to get settled. International students may arrive in the US up to 30 days before the first day of orientation to get settled and complete passport verification. Classes officially begin on August 24th.
Admission decisions are based on consideration of the applicant's previous academic record, resume, letters of recommendation, responses to an essay question and an interview (if requested by the admission committee). Spaces are limited and we start reviewing your application as soon as your application is complete. We strongly encourage you to submit your application early.
There are three decisions you may receive by the notification deadlines:
- Admitted - You may choose to accept or decline our offer. In the event you choose to accept, you will have a brief period of time to submit your $2,000 deposit. Please be prepared for this expense before decisions are announced.
- Waitlisted - We will re-review your application during the next round of admissions. (You may opt to withdraw your application if you receive this notification and no longer wish to be considered for the program.)
- Denied - All decisions are final. You are welcome to apply for our program in a future term.
To qualify for admission to the program:
Applicants must have earned the equivalent of a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree with a competitive GPA.
Applicants should have at least 1-2 years of full time work experience for on-campus program applicants. For the online program, applicants should have a minimum of 3 years work experience.
GMAT or GRE scores are required for the on-campus program. Applicants for the online program are not required to take either exam.
For International students who did not complete a 4-year bachelor’s degree at an American, British, Canadian or Australian college or university, proof of proficiency in English is required for admission. TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores are required for the on-campus program.
GMAT or PTE scores must be issued directly to USC by the GMAT testing service using the Marshall MBA school code - 389-9C-23. Scores must be from tests taken within the last five years.
GRE and TOEFL test scores must be sent by the Educational Testing Service directly to USC school code 4852.
IELTS (optional): Choose USC from the list of institutions.