Ranked as the #1 Business Analytics program of 2018 by the TFE Times
Ranked in the Global Top 3 programs of 2018 by the QS World University Rankings
The MS in Business Analytics program was established in Spring 2014. Designed to last 18 months, the rigorous program prepares students for careers in the business analytics field. With a diverse student body, our students have the opportunity to build an international network and expand their career options. In addition to world-class and award-winning faculty, USC offers lifelong access to the global Trojan Network of students and loyal alumni. Our campus is located in Los Angeles, a vibrant hub for business and culture in the Pacific Rim.
Why pursue a MS in Business Analytics?
The MS in Business Analytics is a comprehensive program that provides students with the skills and knowledge to become experts in business analytics and data sciences and to advance their careers in this exciting and fast-growing field.
Students in the program acquire broad and in-depth training in all areas related to business analytics and big data analysis, including:
- Statistical modeling
- Data management
- Visualization and Optimization
- Information security
- Decision-making under uncertainty.
Students will learn programming tools necessary to:
- Analyze large and unstructured datasets
- Translate the analysis into decisions that will improve business performance
- Effectively present complex data to high-level decision-makers.
In addition to methodological training, the students will discover applications of business analytics across a wide range of industries and functions, including:
- Operations management
- Health care
Who would benefit from an MS in Business Analytics?
The MS in Business Analytics is designed for dedicated individuals who are passionate in pursuing a career in the field of business analytics and data sciences. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, by 2026 there will be:
- 27% increase in job outlook for Operation Research Analysts
- 23% increase in job outlook for Marketing Research Analysts
- 14% increase in job outlook for Management Analysts
- 11% increase in job outlook for Financial Analysts
all of which are faster than average increases in job outlook. See our Career and Employer Relations page for more information on the success of our graduates!