The Fall 2020 Application is now closed. The Fall 2021 application will open in October 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the consequent challenges faced by applicants in preparing for, scheduling, and accessing the GMAT/GRE exams, Marshall has made the GMAT/GRE optional for the remainder of the Fall 2020 admissions cycle (Applicable for applicants applying for round 5 and 6).
We have also extended our international student deadline and added an additional Round due to COVID-19.
Application Dates & Deadlines
The following deadlines and notification dates apply to all Fall 2020* MS Business Analytics applicants:
- Round 1 – November 15, 2019 (notification by December 20, 2019)
- Round 2 – January 10, 2020 (notification by February 14, 2020) (Priority Housing Deadline)
- Round 3 – February 14, 2020 (notification by March 20, 2020)
- Round 4 – March 20, 2020 (notification by April 17, 2020)
- Round 5 – April 15, 2020 (notification by May 15, 2020)
- Round 6 – May 15, 2020 (notification by June 15, 2020) (International Student Deadline**) (Final Deadline)
*Admitted students will begin classes on August 24th, 2020. Orientation will be in early-mid August.
**No international student applications will be accepted after this date, due to immigration requirements and timelines.
***We will continue to accept applications after April 15th, 2020. Applications received after this date will be considered on a first-come, first-served and space available basis.
Admission decisions are based on consideration of the applicant's previous academic record, resume, letters of recommendation, responses to essay questions and video. Space is limited, therefore we strongly encourage you to submit your application early.
- Admitted - You may choose to accept or decline our offer. In the event you choose to accept, you will have a brief period of time to submit your $2,000 deposit. Please be prepared for this expense before decisions are announced.
- Waitlisted - We will re-review your application at a later date. (Waitlisted applicants will receive more information about this process. You may opt to withdraw your application if you receive this notification and no longer wish to be considered for the program.)
- Denied - All decisions are final. You are welcome to apply for our program in a future term.
To Qualify for Admission to the Program:
Applicants must have earned the equivalent of a 4-year U.S. bachelor's degree with a competitive GPA. Please see here for degree requirements by country. All applicants must also have completed at least one statistics course at the undergraduate level or above, with no exceptions. If you have questions about whether a class you took qualifies as statistics, please email the syllabus to our office, email@example.com.
A few years of work experience is preferred, but not required.
GMAT or GRE scores are required. Official scores must be received before the deadline in order to be reviewed.
- Test taken within the last five years
- We do not have a minimum requirement for GMAT/GRE.
- GMAT sent directly to USC by the GMAT testing service using the Marshall MBA school code - 389-9C-23
- GRE sent directly to USC by the Educational Testing Service using USC school code: 4852
International students MUST submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores meeting the following requirements, unless meeting the restrictions found here:
- Test taken within the last two years of the start of the school semester
- TOEFL: 100+ overall, 20+ band score
- TOEFL sent directly to USC by the Educational Testing Service using USC school code 4852
- IELTS: 6.5 overall, 6+ band score
- IELTS choose USC from the list of institutions.
Transcript submission is a two-step process:
- Unofficial: You must upload scanned copies of transcripts to the online application. These are unofficial transcripts, used for preliminary review.
- Official: You must submit official transcripts from all colleges, universities, and other post-secondary institutions you have previously attended. You can have these institutions send them sent via mail or e-transcript directly to USC's Office of Graduate Admissions.
Please do not mail transcripts to Marshall or the MS Business Analytics office - it will delay your application decision.
For mailing address and detailed instructions regarding transcript requirements, please see: https://gradadm.usc.edu/lightboxes/us-students-transcript-requirements/.
This is a requirement set forth by the Office of Graduate Admission. You may contact the Office of Graduate Admission using the Contact form should you have any further questions.