The Jake Olson Vision Award and scholarship is awarded annually to a USC student(s) who has (have) overcome significant challenges or obstacles to attend and excel at USC. This award and scholarship recognizes students who exemplify grit and heart, and who inspire others through their example or service. Students may apply directly or be nominated by others in the USC community. Instructions below:
- Eligibility: Undergraduate or graduate students enrolled and in good standing at USC in any school or field of study. Must have an expected graduation date of 2020 or later.
- Criteria: Students who have overcome significant hardship or challenges in life to attend USC. Challenges may be physical, health-related, financial, familial obligations, geo-political, or other adverse circumstances or conditions. Those who demonstrate grit, heart, and high performance mindset skills are encouraged to apply.
- Application or Nomination: Students may apply directly or be nominated by anyone in the USC community familiar with the nominee, including professors, advisors, coaches, mentors, staff, or other students (please note: all nominations / applications need to be submitted to the link below).
- Amounts: $2,500 or more per year during the student's degree program.
- To Apply or Nominate: Apply or submit a nomination by clicking here.
- Awarded by: The USC Performance Science Institute
- Deadline: March 31st, 2019 (to be awarded for Fall 2019 semester).
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org