Welcome to CTM: The Institute for Communication Technology Management!
- A consortium funded Center of Excellence at the Marshall School of Business
- Founded in 1985 when the world was a very different place
- A unique industry/academic group that looks at technology-driven disruptors as both opportunity and threat enablers. These disruptors have to be understood before their potential to drive seismic direct and indirect to the markets can drive anticipatory and preemptive action.
CTM creates a collaborative environment that includes industry, academia, government, and other interested parties that provide a means to focus on the issues that serve to shape our future (both positive opportunities for growth and worrisome threats to ongoing prospects) from a business perspective. The rapid rate of technological evolution is creating a rapidly growing number of potential disruptors that continually need to be assessed, considered, and responded to. The multidisciplinary CTM members work together, collaboratively, to identify and develop an understanding of the potential disruptors as industry sectors continue to intersect and reshape our understanding of legacy market structures.
CTM treats technologies as transformational business enablers that create enablers and inhibitors as they move between industry sectors evolving established practices in the process.
- Business Process and Cultural Disruption: People and environments management philosophies need to evolve as new paradigms surround customer and partner business practices. While technology is the enabling tool, corporate cultures determine whether those tools are put to good use.
- Time Disruption: Consumers and employees are constantly seeking to discover new mechanism that allows them to better manage their time equilibrium. The way we spend our time is an investment and technology changes employee productivity and entertainment options we redefining the lens through which we interact with the world.
- Technology Disruption: Technologies such as the Internet of Things (IOT), Big Data, Data Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) are driving companies/organizations to rethink business endeavors as real-time value creation engines that are customer context sensitive, on-demand, and allow new paradigms to cut across all aspects of our decision-making processes.
CTM Members: CTM attracts companies that consider technology as a strategic weapon that can be used to create an opportunity for competitive business advantages or stave off competitive threats. The CTM members form a network of identifiers, influencers and drivers of change as we embrace an agenda that focuses on leadership, anticipation, strategy, culture, and openness.