Career development is an integral part of the IBEAR experience. Participants receive highly-personalized coaching from a dedicated Associate Director of Career Development with extensive cross-industry, cross-functional international experience. Designed for the unique needs of mid-career professionals seeking career advancement or transitions, IBEAR Career Services works closely with each participant to help them identify and achieve their career objectives.
IBEAR’s comprehensive career planning and development program is designed to empower participants with the skills, tools, and support they need to advance their careers. Delivered via a combination of group workshops and ongoing one-on-one consultations, participants receive expert guidance on career development competencies ranging from career exploration and personal branding to resume development, professional networking, job search strategy, interview preparation and negotiation strategy.
In addition to extensive career planning and development support, participants benefit from an alumni mentor program, year-round speaker series, and exposure to industry-leading companies and prospective employers in Los Angeles, Seattle, and Silicon Valley. Participants also benefit from access to the job search tools and resources offered by Marshall MBA Graduate Career Services, as well as to a broad range of student groups which provide targeted industry / functional skill-building and exposure.
As experienced mid-career professionals, IBEAR participants secure fast-track leadership roles in both leading global enterprises and high-growth small / mid-sized businesses around the world. Typical examples of companies and roles include:
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) - Software Program Manager
- JP Morgan Chase - Vice President, Auto Finance
- KPMG - Senior Consultant
- Walmart e-Commerce - Product Manager
- Total - Business Development Executive
- Amazon - Senior Consumer Engagement Manager
- EV Safecharge - Vice President, Finance & Operations
- Tencent - Human Resources Development Manager
- Qualcomm - Staff Product Manager
- IP Infusion - Director, Business Development
- Echo Lake Entertainment - Director of Finance
- OppenheimerFunds - Institutional Client Services Manager
- Infosys - Account & Business Development Manager
- Trammel Crow Company - Senior Associate
- Genomic Health - Associate Product Manager
- GoPro - Senior Manager, Quality Engineering
- Zendesk - Director, Latin America
- Toyota Financial Services - Senior Manager, Strategic Insights
- Stryker Neurovascular - Business Process Improvement Manager
- L'Oreal - Marketing Manager
- Alibaba Group - Business Operations Advisor
- Johnson & Johnson- Product Manager
- Jam City - Corporate Development Manager
- Alliance Schools - Director of Teacher Recruitment & Selection
IBEAR participants pursue opportunities geared toward experienced managers, roles which typically surface through just-in-time hiring before and after graduation. Approximately 75% of IBEARs begin work within 6 months of graduation.
Career Stats for 2014 - 2017
IBEAR participants accept offers from organizations in a variety of industries and in functions ranging from information technology to general management, marketing, and finance.
The IBEAR speaker series offers participants exposure to business leaders, many IBEAR and Marshall alumni, and world-class organizations. Speakers and panelists from companies including Activision Blizzard, Amazon, Google, Houlihan Lokey, Microsoft, Nestle, UBS and Warner Brothers, to name a few, provide rich insights into companies, industries, functions, and career paths. Recent speakers have covered topics including entrepreneurship and innovation, financial engineering, product management, careers in consulting, and trends in media and entertainment.
IBEAR participants have the opportunity to take part in career exploration treks to Silicon Valley and Seattle. Through a combination of industry-specific roundtables, company visits and networking receptions, participants gain insights into the ‘business of business’ as well as a broad range of career paths. Recent company visits have been to Amazon, Boeing, DellEMC, Facebook, Google, Samsung, Sequoia, Starbucks, Tableau, and Trianz among others; a portion of expenses are covered by alumni donations.
Professional Development Allowance
IBEAR participants receive up to a $500 allowance to support their individual professional development and career exploration activities. Eligible expenses include conference, seminar, workshop and professional certification fees.
The Alumni Mentor Program offers participants yet another career and professional development opportunity. Participants are paired with accomplished IBEAR alumni with rich industry and functional expertise. Alumni mentors offer invaluable insights into industry, market, and company trends as well as practical career guidance and introductions to peers and colleagues.