Attend an Information Session
Please email MBT.WP@marshall.usc.edu
to be notified of our next information session
- Prerequisite Coursework
- Official Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Interview (by invitation)
- Application Fee
- International Applicants must also include:
- English Language Exams
- Proof of Financial Support(I-20 Form)
Summer Semester: April 20th
Fall Semester: July 1st
Prerequisite Coursework and Work Experience
- One year, full time work experience in a tax-related position
- Prerequisite courses
- micro or macroeconomics
- intermediate financial accounting
A bachelor's degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. undergraduate degree from an accredited institution (regardless of field or major) is required prior to enrolling in the graduate programs. Please submit your application first before requesting transcripts to be sent.
For applicants who received degrees from institutions outside the U.S. please click here for a list of minimum education requirements by country.
A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is preferred in order to be considered a competitive candidate.
Official transcripts are required for ALL previous college work (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts from international universities must be submitted in the original language as well as in English.
Please upload an unofficial copy of your transcript, and mail one (1) official, sealed transcript for each college or university you have attended to:
USC Office of GRADUATE Admissions
3601 South Flower Street, Room 112
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0915
All applicants to the MBT-WP program must submit official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) scores, unless qualified to waive the test as described below. Test scores are valid for 5 years from the test date; scores more than 5 years old are not accepted.If you take the GMAT multiple times we will consider your highest score for admission purposes.
Applicants to the MBT-WP program may waive the GMAT requirement only under the following conditions:
Qualified applicants who have passed all parts of the Uniform CPA exam. Those applicants must upload to their online application either:
1) a copy of their CPA Pocket Certificate OR
2) a copy of their Uniform CPA exam scores AND official letter from the state Board of Accountancy indicating a passing grade on all four parts of the exam.
GMAT Website: http://www.mba.com The MBT Program code: 389-XR-07
Part of your application requires you to prepare a statement on your professional aspirations and how the program will help you to achieve them. The essay questions will be available in the online application.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required for of your application. References should address your personal qualities, potential to succeed in the profession, and your ability to perform well in the classroom. Choose references who know you in an academic or professional context and who are familiar with your academic achievements, credentials, career aspirations and work history (if applicable). It is preferred (though not required) that one of these letters be from an academic source (professor) that can attest to your ability to successfully complete a rigorous graduate degree program. The other letter may be from a non-academic source (employer) that is familiar with your work history and/or career goals.
All letters of recommendation must be submitted using the online recommendation form found in the online application system. You will find instructions on setting up online recommendations when you start the application process.
Please upload a business resume that includes your educational and professional information. Professional information should consist of employment history in reverse chronological order with titles, dates, relevant information and an indication of part-time or full-time status. Your resume should not be more than one page in length.
Interviews are by invitation only. Interviews are conducted by the admissions office staff and applicants will be contacted once all materials have been received. An invitation to interview indicates that your application has reached an advanced stage of consideration. Depending on where you are located, you will be asked to complete either an on-campus or a telephone interview.
The application fee is $90. The application fee is waived for USC students and alumni.
International Education Requirements
Applicants must have obtained an equivalent to a 4-year U.S. bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. A list of minimum education requirements by country can be found here.
Transcripts from international universities must be submitted in the original language as well as in English.
English Language Exams
International students are required to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The score is only valid for 2 years.
A minimum TOEFL score of 100 (iBT) / 250 (CBT) / 600(PBT)is required to apply. On the iBT exam, you must score no less than 20 on each of the four test components.
Exceptions from taking the English Language Exam:
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year, accredited university located in the United States or officially recognized university in another country where English is both the language of instruction and the only officially recognized language of the country. The entire program must have been completed in the qualifying country. We do not waive the English-proficiency requirement based on either a graduate degree from a university in the U.S. or other qualifying country or an undergraduate program taught in English in a non-Anglophone country.
- International students who have earned a 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year university in the United States.
- Students whose native language is English. This applies to students from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada (except Quebec).
TOEFL Website: http://www.toefl.org. USC's TOEFL Code: 4852 and department code is 02 (graduate school of management)
PTE Academic: http://pearsonpte.com/PTEAcademic
IELTS Website: http://www.ielts.org