Admission to this program requires a 4-year bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.3 or a GPA of at least 3.0 in current or prior graduate coursework. GMAT or GRE scores above the 80th percentile are preferred.
International (non-resident alien) applicants who wish to come to the U.S. to complete this program only (without being enrolled in a master's program at USC) must complete the full program (5 classes - 15 units) in no more than two semesters. International applicants are advised to consult the USC Schedule of Classes for future course offerings to ensure that it will be possible to complete the program in the time allowed.
Admission to a graduate program at USC requires the equivalent of a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree. For International students who did not spend 4 years completing a bachelor's degree at an American, British, Canadian or Australian college or university, proof of proficiency in English is required for admission. We accept scores from any of the following tests. (Only one is required. The minimums listed are not flexible.) Test scores are considered valid only if earned within 2 years of the applicant's intended first day of classes at USC.
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a score of at least 100 with no less than 20 on each of the four test components.
- The PTE (Pearson Test of English - Academic) with a minimum score of 70.
- The IELTS (preferred) with a score of 7, with no less than 6 on each band score.
The Application Process
Applications to the Graduate Certificate are submitted on-line at http://usc.liaisoncas.com. International applicants should also consult the instructions for international students published in the USC Graduate Admissions website.
A full application includes the following items:
- Completed on-line application form. (Current USC students should visit the FAQ page for details.)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores no more than 5 years old.
- Responses to several questions (part of the application).
- A nonrefundable application fee (waived for current USC students, USC staff, and USC alumni - see the FAQ page).
- One official transcript from the registrar of each college or university attended except for USC received in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution. If all college or postgraduate work has not been completed, transcripts must be sent again when work in progress is completed and the degree is posted. Transcripts written in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation. For more information visit http://gradadm.usc.edu/lightboxes/international-students-transcript-requirements/.
- International applicants: TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores.
Current USC students and USC alumni are not required to submit an application fee, new test scores, or transcripts to verify degrees earned prior to their attendance at USC. All current USC students must include their recent USC academic work in the Academic Background section of the application but may submit a copy of their STARS report in lieu of a USC transcript. Visit the FAQ page for detailed instructions.
GMAT and PTE scores must be issued directly to USC by the GMAT testing service using the Marshall MBA school code - 389-9C-23. The school code for USC Marshall for the GRE is 4852. Scores must be from tests taken within the last five years.
GRE and TOEFL test scores must be sent by the Educational Testing Service directly to USC school code 4852.
Official Transcript submission is a two-step process:
- You must upload scanned copies of official transcripts to the online application. Please note that these must be official transcripts printed on university letterhead. Print-outs from online student portals are not acceptable.
- After you submit your application and received your 10 digit USC ID number, you must also mail in official transcripts from all colleges, universities, and other post-secondary institutions you have previously attended.
Please refer to the following link for details instructions on transcript requirements: https://gradadm.usc.edu/lightboxes/us-students-transcript-requirements/.
Dates and Deadlines page of this web site.
For more information, write to Sustainability@marshall.usc.edu or call (213) 740-3198.