We welcome applications from individuals who have never applied to attend USC before as well as current USC graduate students and alumni. (Current USC students should visit the FAQ page for more detailed instructions for "Current USC Students.")
Prospective students may apply for admission to begin the program in the fall or spring semester as well as in the summer, depending on course availability. Applicants who have never taken a master's-level marketing course must apply for admission in the summer and will take the first required course with the new MS in Marketing class.
International (non-resident alien) applicants who wish to come to the U.S. to complete this program only (without being enrolled in a master's program at USC) must complete the full program (15 units – usually 5-6 classes) in no more than two semesters. International applicants are advised to consult the USC Schedule of Classes for future course offerings to ensure that it will be possible to complete the program in the time allowed.
To qualify for admission to the program:
- Applicants must have completed the equivalent of a 4-year U.S. undergraduate/bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of full-time work experience is preferred.
- Successful applicants will have scored in at least the 80th percentile on the GMAT or the GRE.
For International students who did not spend 4 years completing a bachelor's degree at an American, British, Canadian or Australian college or university, proof of proficiency in English is required for admission. We accept scores from any of the following tests. (Only one is required. The minimums listed are not flexible.) Test scores are considered valid only if earned within 2 years of the applicant's intended first day of classes at USC.
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a score of at least 100 with no less than 20 on each of the four test components.
- The PTE (Pearson Test of English - Academic) with a minimum score of 70.
- The IELTS (preferred) with a score of 7, with no less than 6 on each band score.
Individuals applying for admission to the Master of Science in Marketing should not apply for admission to the Graduate Certificate program.
The Application Process
We welcome applications from individuals who have never applied to attend USC before as well as current USC graduate students and alumni.
Applications to the Graduate Certificate are submitted on-line at gradadm.usc.edu/apply/. International applicants should also consult the instructions for international students published in the USC Graduate Admissions web site. Prospective students who have not previously taken a master’s/graduate-level (post-baccalaureate) introductory marketing course equivalent to GSBA-509 or GSBA-528 Marketing Management within the last 5 years must apply to begin the program in the summer term. Prospective applicants who have taken a master’s/graduate-level introductory marketing course within the last 5 years may apply to begin the program in the fall, spring, or summer.
A complete application includes the following items:
- Completed on-line application form.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores no more than 5 years old.
- Responses to several questions (part of the application).
- A nonrefundable application fee (waived for current USC students, USC staff, and USC alumni).
- One official transcript from the registrar of each college or university attended except for USC received in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution. If all college or postgraduate work has not been completed, transcripts must be sent again when work in progress is completed and the degree is posted. Transcripts written in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation. For more information visit http://gradadm.usc.edu/lightboxes/international-students-transcript-requirements/.
- Degree verification: Applicants who completed degrees at institutions outside of the United States are advised to submit documents verifying their degrees through the International Education Research Foundation (www.ierf.org/usc). Please visit the IERF website for details about required documents and fees. Use the USC link above to receive a USC discount.
- International applicants: TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores.
|Current USC students and USC alumni are not required to submit an application fee, new test scores, or new transcripts to verify degrees earned prior to their attendance at USC. All current USC students must include their recent USC academic work in the Academic History section of the application and may upload copies of their STARS report in lieu of a USC transcript. Visit the FAQ page for more detailed instructions.|
GMAT and PTE scores must be issued directly to USC by the GMAT testing service using the Marshall MBA school code - 389-9C-23. The school code for USC Marshall for the GRE is 4852. Scores must be from tests taken within the last five years.
GRE and TOEFL test scores must be sent by the Educational Testing Service directly to USC school code 4852.
Transcripts: We encourage applicants to upload unofficial copies of transcripts to the online application. This facilitates preliminary file review. While the Admissions Committee can review an application with unofficial transcripts, a final decision cannot be rendered until official transcripts have been received and evaluated.
For expedited processing official transcripts may be sent to:
USC Marshall Graduate Certificates
c/o Sara McLachlan
BRI 200C, USC
3670 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0806
For application deadlines refer to the Dates and Deadlines page of this web site.
For more information, write to GCRT.Marketing@marshall.usc.edu or call (213) 740-3198.
Return to home.