The equivalent of a 4-year U.S. bachelor's degree is required for admission. Additionally, applicants must have completed at least the equivalent of the first semester of a traditional 2-year MBA accredited by the AACSB, EQUIS, ACBSP, AOCTE, IACBE or AMBA. Those admitted must complete the equivalent of the prerequisite subject matter prior to beginning classes at USC Marshall. Please see the FAQ page for details.
Successful applicants should have earned a GPA of 3.3 or greater (on a 4.0 scale) in their graduate business course work and achieved a score at or above the 85th percentile on either the GMAT or the GRE. Ideally, applicants will have at least three years of full-time work experience.
For International students who did not spend 4-years completing a bachelor's degree at an American, British, Canadian or Australian college or university, proof of proficiency in English is required for admission. We accept scores from any of the following tests. (Only one is required. The minimums listed are not flexible.) Test scores are considered valid only if earned within 2 years of the applicant's intended first day of classes at USC.
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a score of at least 100 and no less than 20 on each of the four test components.
- The PTE (Pearson Test of English - Academic) with a minimum score of 70.
- The IELTS with a score of 7, with no less than 6 on each band score.
A complete application includes the following:
- Completed on-line application
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or GRE scores no more than 5 years old.
- Responses to required essay questions.
- A nonrefundable application fee (waived for USC staff and USC alumni).
- One official transcript from the registrar of each college or university attended received in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution. If all college or postgraduate work has not been completed, transcripts must be sent again when work in progress is completed and the degree is posted. Transcripts written in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation. For more information visit http://gradadm.usc.edu/lightboxes/international-students-transcript-requirements/.
- Degree Verification: Applicants who completed degrees at institutions outside of the United States are advised to submit documents verifying their degrees through the International Education Research Foundation (www.ierf.org/usc). Please visit the IERF website for details about required documents and fees. Use the USC link above to receive a USC discount.
- International applicants must also submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores no more than 2 years old and verification of sufficient financial support. International applicants are advised to see the instructions for International Students published in the USC Graduate Admissions web page.
To ensure adequate time to receive an admission decision, it is important to send completed application materials well in advance of the semester for which the applicant wishes to register.
The Application Process
Prospective students may apply for admission to begin the program in the summer term or the fall or spring semesters. Application deadlines vary by semester, citizenship and registration goals. Details are available under the Dates and Deadlines link.
Submit an on-line application to the GCMS program through the USC Admissions web site at gradadm.usc.edu/apply/. International applicants are advised to see the instructions for international students published in the USC Graduate Admissions web site.
- USC alumni are not required to submit an application fee or official transcripts to verify degrees earned prior to their attendance at USC. Copies of transcripts should be uploaded to the online application to facilitate file review.
- Applicants who completed their qualifying undergraduate degree and graduate coursework at an institution other than USC must submit all application documentation identified in the instructions including official test scores, transcripts (uploads and official), a resume, answers to the Questions in the Program Materials section of the application, and the application fee.
GMAT and PTE scores must be issued directly to USC by the GMAT testing service using the Marshall MBA school code - 389-9C-23.
GRE and TOEFL test scores must be sent by the Educational Testing Service directly to USC school code 4852.
GMAT and GRE scores must be from tests taken within the list five years. TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE scores must be from tests taken no more than two years prior to the anticipated start date.
Unofficial copies of transcripts must be submitted as uploaded attachments to the online application. Official transcripts should be sent to:
c/o Susan Hunt
STO 301, USC
837 Downey Way
Los Angeles, CA 90089-1145
MBA students and recent MBA alumni from KAIST or Sogang Business School should visit the FAQ page for special application instructions.
For application deadlines refer to the Dates and Deadlines page of this web site.
For additional information contact Management.Studies@marshall.usc.edu or call (213) 740-0671.