What We Do
BSEL offers graduate and undergraduate academic programming:
- A Master of Science in Social Entrepreneurship (MSSE)
- The one-year MSSE provides students the essential business and entrepreneurship skills to make an impact in issue areas like poverty alleviation, health care, gender equity, education and sustainability.
- A graduate Certificate in Sustainability and Business
- An MBA Concentration in Sustainability, Society and Business
- An undergraduate Minor in Social Entrepreneurship
As part of USC’s extensive startup ecosystem, BSEL also has developed a wide range of cocurricular programs to support students, faculty and alumni in the creation and growth of impactful social enterprise:
- MBA Society and Business Fellowship
- MBA Summer Internship Subsidy
- BSEL Undergraduate Scholars Mentorship Program
- Warren Bennis Scholars Program (undergraduate)
- Jacobson Family Sustainable Impact Lecture Series
- Held monthly throughout the academic year, this series features successful social entrepreneurs and social impact professionals tackling various issues, including homelessness, food insecurity, sustainability and more
- Social Venture Coaching Competition
- Social Entrepreneur-in-Residence
At BSEL, we know the power of data and research to change hearts and minds. Each year, we bring together researchers and practitioners in the field of social entrepreneurship from around the globe for the largest academic gathering on social enterprise. Founded by BSEL’s Research Director, Dr. Jill Kickul, the Annual Social Entrepreneurship Conference has widely influenced the development and evaluation of the social entrepreneurship field. We also continue to advance the field of social entrepreneurship through rigorous data collection and ground-breaking studies.
We are here to help you realize your dreams!
We provide mentoring, career counseling, and consultations for students who are serious about using their education to create impact in their communities, including subsidies for students who intern at social enterprises in the greater Los Angeles area. Book office hours here.