Please see the MS Social Entrepreneurship (MSSE) Application Checklist for more information:
- Four-year undergraduate degree or international equivalent. Applicants in the process of finishing an undergraduate degree may apply, with acceptance contingent on completion of the undergraduate degree.
- A completed online application, including one essay, a professional resume and one letter of recommendation.
- Application fee: $155.
- International Students - proof of English proficiency (see below.)
- Online interview: applicants will receive an email invitation to the interview after the application is submitted.
Online Application Instructions
Apply online at https://usc.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login. Please be sure to reference the MSSE Application Checklist for detailed instructions.
We see letters of recommendation as a gauge of your academic and professional achievements and leadership potential. Your recommenders should provide specific observations and examples of your character, teamwork, analytical skills, personal qualities and commitment to social impact. You must submit one letter of recommendation through the online application.
For International students who did not complete a four-year bachelor's degree at an American, British, Canadian or Australian college or university, proof of proficiency in English is required for admission. We accept the following test scores, as long as they are not more than 2 years old:
- the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- the Pearson Test of English - Academic (PTE)
- the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
An English language exam is not required for U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents. It can be waived for international students under either of two conditions: (1) if the candidate's native language is English (students from the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, excluding Quebec); or (2) if the candidate has received his or her bachelor's degree from a U.S. college or university.
If you are required to take an English language exam, an official score report must be forwarded to USC by the testing agency. TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years. The TOEFL code for the USC Marshall MSSE program is 4852.
To avoid delays in processing your application, we suggest that you ask to have your TOEFL or IELTS scores sent to USC Marshall when you pre-register for the examination. You can also upload copies of your TOEFL or IELTS scores (and your GMAT or GRE scores, if you wish to submit those) with your application. These unofficial copies are a supplement to — not a substitute for — the official copies, which must come through the testing services.
Progressive Degree Program Applicants
The Progressive Degree Program (PDP) enables superior USC undergraduate students to apply undergraduate coursework toward the completion of a USC master’s degree. Pursuing a progressive degree can deepen your education and further prepare you for future career in as little as one additional year. Find more information about the PDP as well as the eligibility requirements and application here. Applicants who want to apply to the PDP for the MSSE program should email firstname.lastname@example.org.