Leadership & Development
While attending USC Marshall, MBA.PM students have many opportunities to strengthen and demonstrate their leadership skills to classmates, faculty and recruiters through formal leadership opportunities and student-initiated projects and events.
Marshall Graduate Student Association – Professionals & Managers (MGSA.PM)
MGSA.PM represents the interests, needs and aspirations of the MBA.PM student. The mission of the organization is to help students enhance and maximize their overall experience in the MBA.PM program, improve the program’s standing and build stronger MBA.PM, Marshall and USC communities.
Year 1 Core Representatives
During Year 1, each core elects a board to represent them. These Core Reps organize and tailor events specifically for their core classmates. Events range from networking, career development and social events. Core Reps are able to use their position to demonstrate leadership and creativity skills to fellow classmates and other MBA.PM classes.
Second and third year MBA.PM students volunteer their time during the first year Pre-Term weekends to welcome the new MBA.PM students to campus, answer questions, and partner with faculty and staff. Wearing their signature red shirts, Pre-Fall Mentors establish a relationship with the first year students and introduce them to the MBA.PM community of students.
Marshall Case Competition Program (MCCP)
The MCCP allows students to apply classroom learning to real life business situations, further developing critical business and leadership skills. Competitions occur throughout the year and cover a variety of industries and functions. Click here to learn more.
MBA Alumni Mentor Program
The MBA Alumni Mentor Program brings MBA students and alumni together in a relationship designed to assist students in making informed career decisions.
MBA Society and Business Fellowship Program
Sponsored by the USC Marshall Brittingham Social Enterprise Lab (BSEL), the MBA Society and Business Fellowship Program is a highly selective, year-long opportunity for the small cadre of MBA and MBA.PM students who are seeking a business degree in order to pursue careers in poverty alleviation, including homelessness, education and global health.
USC Marshall has 40 graduate student clubs and organizations. Led by the full-time MBA students, MBA.PM students can hold leadership positions within the clubs. Ranging from community outreach, diversity and affinity groups, career clubs, and social and athletic organizations, students are able to expand their network to other USC Marshall MBA graduate programs and corporate contacts.
Club activities take place during the day, evenings and weekends, and can include networking opportunities, social events and company visits. Learn more about each of the clubs at USC Marshall by visiting their webpage.
Diversity and Affinity Organizations
- Black Graduate Business Leaders (BGBL)
- European Business Society (EBS)
- Gay & Lesbian Association (GALA)
- Global Executive Organization (GEO)
- Graduate Asian Business Society (GABS)
- Graduate Women in Business (GWIB)
- International Taskforce (ITF)
- Jewish Association of Marshall Students (JAMS)
- Latino Management & Business Association (LMBA)
- Marshall Military Veterans Association (MMVA)
- South Asian Business Association (SABA)
- American Finance Association (AFA)
- Business of Entertainment Association (BEA)
- Entrepreneur & Venture Management Association (EVMA)
- Graduate Marketing Association (GMA)
- Graduate Real Estate Association (GREA)
- Healthcare Leadership Association (HLA)
- High Tech Association (HTA)
- Leadership & Organization Club (L&O)
- Marshall Automotive Club (MAC)
- Marshall Consulting & Strategy Club (MCSC)
- Marshall Data Analytics Club (MDAC)
- Marshall Hospitality & Gaming Club (MHGC)
- Marshall Net Impact (MNI)
- Marshall Retail & Luxury Association (MRLA)
- Marshall Sports Business Organization (MSBO)
- Operations Management Club (OMC)
Social and Athletic Organizations
- Marshall Eatz
- Marshall Golf Club (MGC)
- Marshall Outdoors Club (MOC)
- MBA Partners
- Marshall Soccer Club (MSC)
- Marshall Wine Club (MWC)
Networking with Classmates
The Marshall Graduate Student Association – Professionals & Managers (MGSA.PM) facilitates several social events throughout the year to encourage networking among and between MBA.PM classes and Marshall MBA programs, as well as other MBA programs in Los Angeles. Some of the more popular events include:
|JA in a Day
MBA.PM students volunteer at this annual event to teach L.A. schoolchildren the basics of financial literacy.
Students raise funds for Junior Achievement in the weeks leading up to the iBowl event at a local bowling alley.
Fight On! MBA.PM students congregate on campus prior to home football games to network with current students and alumni.
|We Run the City
Combining fundraising and athletic skills, MBA.PM students joined Team USC Marshall for a 5K race to compete against UCLA and raise funds for Special Olympics.
Throughout the year, several mixers are organized with other part-time MBA programs in Los Angeles. Activities have included attending Dodger games, Korean BBQ and Karaoke.