For semester start and end dates please consult the USC Academic Calendar.
Because graduate certificate students select their course work from among the electives offered to all USC Marshall graduate students, it is suggested that applications be submitted in time to complete processing before early registration for the semester in which the applicant would like to begin his or her program.
To qualify for early registration, a complete* application must be submitted no later than:
- February 1 for fall semester
- September 1 for spring semester
- January 1 for summer term
The final deadlines for consideration of a complete* application from individuals who are not USC students are:
- May 15 for fall semester (April 1 for international students)
- November 1 for spring semester (October 1 for international students)
- March 15 for summer term (February 15 for international students)
* A "complete" application includes an online application with all required fields filled in, essay questions attached, the application fee (if applicable), official transcripts delivered to and processed by USC, and official test scores received by USC. Attaching unofficial copies of documents to the application allows the admission committee to reach a conditional decision, but an offer of admission cannot be made until all official documents have been received and prior degrees have been verified by USC.
Attention Current USC Students:
Applications should be submitted before or at the beginning of the first semester in which the student takes his or her first course applicable the program. The final deadline for consideration of applications from current USC students who are already enrolled in one or more courses in the program is the last day to drop a class without a mark of "W" for the semester in which the student intends to complete the program.
For more information, write to GCRT.SMC@marshall.usc.edu or call (213) 740-3198.