Applicants may apply for admission to begin the program in the fall or spring semesters as well as in the summer, depending on course availability.
International (non-resident alien) applicants who wish to come to the U.S. to complete this program only (without being enrolled in a master's program at USC) must complete the full program (5 classes - 15 units) in no more than two semesters. International applicants are advised to consult the USC Schedule of Classes for future course offerings to ensure that it will be possible to complete the program in the time allowed.
To qualify for admission to the program:
- Applicants should have a foundational knowledge (academic or experiential) of statistics and operations management.
- Applicants should have significant full-time work experience.
- Successful applicants will have scored in at least the 80th percentile on the GMAT or on the GRE.
For International students who did not spend 4 years completing a bachelor's degree at an American, British, Canadian or Australian college or university, proof of proficiency in English is required for admission. We accept scores from any of the following tests. (Only one is required. The minimums listed are not flexible.) Test scores are considered valid only if earned within 2 years of the applicant's intended first day of classes at USC.
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a score of at least 100 with no less than 20 on each of the four test components.
- The PTE (Pearson Test of English - Academic) with a minimum score of 70.
- The IELTS (preferred) with a score of 7, with no less than 6 on each band score.
The Application Process
Applications to the Graduate Certificate are submitted on-line at gradadm.usc.edu/apply/. International applicants should also consult the instructions for international students published in the USC Graduate Admissions web site.
A full application includes the following items:
- Completed on-line application form.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores no more than 5 years old.
- Responses to several questions (part of the application).
- A nonrefundable application fee (waived for current USC students, USC staff, and USC alumni).
- One official transcript from the registrar of each college or university attended except for USC received in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution. If all college or postgraduate work has not been completed, transcripts must be sent again when work in progress is completed and the degree is posted. Transcripts written in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Degree verification: Applicants who completed degrees at institutions outside of the United States are advised to submit documents verifying their degrees through the International Education Research Foundation (www.ierf.org/usc). Please visit the IERF website for details about required documents and fees. Use the USC link above to receive a USC discount.
- International applicants: TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores.
Current USC students and USC alumni are not required to submit an application fee, new test scores, or new transcripts to verify degrees earned prior to their attendance at USC. All current USC students must include their recent USC academic work in the Academic History section of the application and may upload a copy of their STARS report in lieu of an official USC transcript. Visit the FAQ page for detailed instructions.
GMAT and PTE scores must be issued directly to USC by the GMAT testing service using the Marshall MBA school code - 389-9C-23. The school code for USC Marshall for the GRE is 4852. Scores must be from tests taken within the last five years.
GRE and TOEFL test scores must be sent by the Educational Testing Service directly to USC school code 4852.
Unofficial copies of transcripts are submitted as uploaded attachments to the online application.
For expedited processing, official transcripts (in envelopes sealed by the issuing institution)
may be sent to:
Graduate Certificate in Optimization and Supply Chain Management
STO 301, USC
837 Downey Way
Los Angeles, CA 90089-1145
For application deadlines refer to the Dates and Deadlines page of this web site.
For more information, write to Supply.Chain@marshall.usc.edu or call (213) 740-0671.
Return to home.