- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- MBA Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Executive Education
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Program
- Experiential Learning Center
- Online Degree Programs
- Faculty & Research
- Academic Units
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Positions
- Faculty Resources
- Centers of Excellence
- Alumni & Friends
- News and Events
- Alumni Online
- Alumni Groups
- Marshall Partners
- Support Marshall
- Contact Us
- USC Marshall Parents
- Corporate Connections
- Engagement Opportunities
- Corporate Advisory Board
- Recruit and Hire
- News Room
Silicon Beach at the University of Southern CaliforniaWednesday, October 7, 2015 - 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Featured Stories
- Upcoming Events
- Marshall in the Media
- Marshall News
- About Marshall
- Developing the next generation of business leaders: STE(A)M education, experiential learning, the talent pipeline, and jobs
- Opportunities for start-ups: enterprise software, connected devices, digitally-managed services, and the synthesis of Hollywood content and digital communications platforms
- Innovation and new business initiatives in the tech, communications, and media industries
- Jessica Jackley, co-founder, Kiva, co-founder, ProFounder, co-founder, Kin & Co.
- John Irwin, Sr. Vice President, Government, Education and Healthcare, AT&T Services Inc.
- Ali Kermani, inventor, Crazy Cart, RazorUSA
- Amanda Coolong, CCO, Executive Producer, Chief Correspondent, TechZulu and Principal Context & Narrative
- Sheila Marmon, founder & CEO, Mirror Digital
- Kevin Winston, founder DigitalLA
- Linda Parker Pennington, Founder and CEO, Parker Pennington Enterprises, LLC
- Cory Klippsten, Chief Business Officer, Fuisz Media
- Bryce Clemmer, founder & CEO, Vadio
- Ruth Yomtubian, AT&T Foundry
Silicon Beach at the University of Southern California
Oct 07, 2015 – USC Campus | Register Now
October is for Innovation
Now in its 4th year, Silicon Beach @USC is a two-part event: a competition for new ventures pursuing opportunities in emerging technology and/or digital media, and a conference featuring game-changers and thought leaders from Hollywood studios, technology startups, and academia scheduled for October 7th on the USC Campus.
The conference will explore:
For the first time ever, early registrants will have a chance to sign up for a very special pitch session. Participants will have one minute to pitch their startup, skills, or resources so that we can connect them with what they need: developers, marketers, mentors, money, and more.
Can Your Start-Up Use $25K?
USC's Silicon Beach Awards provide recognition for innovation in digital media and technology. New ventures focused on technology or entertainment are welcome to compete. Entering teams must have at least one current USC student (graduate or undergraduate), USC faculty member or recent USC alum (less than 5 years from graduation).
Significant cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams:
First place: $25,000
Second place: $15,000
Third place: $10,000.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 16TH AT MIDNIGHT - see for more details.
Please note that USC will record the Awards finals and the SB@USC event. Also, applicants will be interviewed for Silicon Beach @ USC communication materials.
For more information on Silicon Beach @ USC, including confirmed presenters, attendee and press registration, additional venture competition details, and sponsorship opportunities, please like the Silicon Beach at USC Facebook Page and see our website. For other questions, contact USC directly at 213-740-0980 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Brought to you by AT&T and the USC Marshall School of Business. With thanks from our sponsors Manatt and Cornerstone OnDemand.