The VanEck Digital Assets Initiative at USC’s Marshall School of Business is a hub for education, research, industry partnerships, academia-meets-industry events, and promoting the ecosystem of digital assets, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, non-fungible tokens, and the metaverse. Leveraging the expertise and passion across USC for this rapidly developing sector, the VanEck Digital Assets Initiative enables:
- The creation of cutting-edge courses in cryptocurrencies, NFTS, smart contract platforms and other digital assets for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Uniting academic experts and industry leaders to explore, analyze and begin to define the theory and practice of digital asset markets and technologies.
- Attracting and educating student entrepreneurs to leverage digital asset opportunities while appreciating the market risks and regulatory controls affecting the sector.
- Understanding the Metaverse and how immersive 3D worlds, social interactivity and persistent economies will impact various business sections and entrepreneurship.
The VanEck Digital Assets Initiative supports the creation of cutting edge courses in cryptocurrencies, NFTS, smart contract platforms, and other digital assets for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- FBE 499: Introduction to Decentralized Finance, Marshall School of Business
- FBE 599: Decentralized Finance, Marshall School of Business
- FBE 504: The FinTech Revolution: Disrupting Traditional Finance, Marshall School of Business
- FBE-499: Bitcoin and Digital Assets, USC Marshall School of Business
- FBE-499: Blockchain: Crypto, Web3, and the Future of Business and Finance, USC Marshall School of Business
- DSO 429: Digital Transformation of Business: AI and Smart Contracts, Marshall School of Business
- DSO 431: Digital Innovation as Competitive Advantage, Marshall School of Business
- DSO 548: Emerging Technologies in Supply Chain Management, Marshall School of Business
- BAEP 499: Digital Playbook for Entrepreneurs: Creating a Web3/Blockchain Startup
The initiative brings together academic experts and industry leaders to explore, analyze and begin to define the theory and practice of digital asset markets and technologies.
VanEck Southern California Blockchain Conference
The first iteration of the annual VanEck Southern California Blockchain Conference aims to bring together the blockchain community of Southern California for two days of presentations, panels, and workshops. Our goal is to unite blockchain developers, builders, investors, and student communities to discuss relevant and important topics relating to blockchain technology. Through this conference, we hope to further the development of the blockchain industry in Southern California and solidify Los Angeles’ as a global web3 hub. For our 2022 event, we aim to bring industry-leading founders in infrastructure, DeFi, CeFi, NFTs, as well as crypto-native investors to present their work, industry theses, and to educate our audience of talented students and developers.