Apply for Admission to the Class of 2021!
There will be five rounds for admission to the Class of 2021. Please refer to the Application Rounds and Deadlines for details. International applicants must submit their application by the Round 4 deadline at the latest (January 31, 2020).
Application requirements are as follows:
- Only students who have completed 4 years of an undergraduate degree are eligible for admission to the Master of Science in Marketing Program. If you hold a 3-year degree, we encourage you to complete a one-year post-graduate/graduate level certificate or degree program before applying to the MS in Marketing program.
A Complete Online Application
- An application fee of $155 will be required of all applicants.
Official Academic Transcripts
- Applicants must upload unofficial (or self-reported) copies of all academic transcripts with the application in addition to sending official academic transcripts to USC. Official academic transcripts may be sent after application submission.
Official GMAT or GRE Score Report
- Applicants must have taken the GMAT or GRE exam by the time they submit an application. Test scores must be received by USC in order for your application to be considered complete. The GMAT or GRE requirement will not be waived under any circumstances. Please upload unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores with the application in addition to sending official scores to USC. GMAT scores must be issued directly to USC by the GMAT testing service using the Marshall MBA Full Time school code: 389-9C-23. When searching for the MS in Marketing program on the GMAT site, you can enter "University of Southern California" and choose the Marshall MBA Full Time Program. Alternatively, simply enter the school code 389-9C-23.
- All required essays must be completed (details available in the online application). An optional essay is available to provide any additional information you wish to convey to the Admissions Committee.
Two Letters of Recommendation
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted online via the online application.
International students only: TOEFL or IELTS Score Report
- All international students must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score report. Reports must be sent directly by the Educational Testing Service to USC. International students who spent 4 years completing a bachelor’s degree at an American. British, Canadian or Australian college or university are not required to submit proof of English proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS).
We accept the following test scores, as long as they are not more than 2 years old:
- TOEFL score of at least 600 on the paper-based test, 250 on the computer-based version, or 100 on the Internet- based examination with no less than 20 on each of the four test components,
- IELTS score of 7.0, with no less than 6.0 on each band score, or
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic) score of at least 70.