Admission decisions are based on the applicant's work experience, academic background, test results, letters of recommendation and application essays. Applicants must have completed a minimum of six years of full-time work, military or graduate study prior to the start of the program. Interested individuals are strongly encouraged to visit IBEAR classes and discuss the program with current participants and alumni.
We are now accepting applications for IBEAR 44 2021 - 2022. We review application forms as soon as an application file is complete. International applicants are encouraged to apply in the early rounds to allow for as much as possible for visa issuance and for arranging financing.
|Application Deadlines||Notification By|
|Round 1||October 15, 2020||December 21, 2020|
|Round 2||January 5, 2021||February 28, 2021|
|Round 3||February 28, 2021||April 15, 2021|
|Round 4||March 31, 2021||April 30, 2021|
|Round 5||Rolling Round|
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are impacted by testing center closures.
A complete application file includes the following:
- Online Application, including essays and two personal recommendations
- Official Copy of Transcripts and Certificates of Graduation. Official transcripts should be obtained from each college/university attended in a sealed official envelope. Materials in a language other than English should be accompanied by a certified English translation. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized college or university.
- Official GMAT or GRE score report: To submit your test scores, please use ETS code 389-9C-66. For GRE, USC's ETS school code is 4852. A department code is not necessary. You may also send a copy of your result report in advance to expedite the admission review process to Diana Kurdian at Kurdian@marshall.usc.edu.
- Application Fee $155 (payment via online application process)
- Copy of Current Resume
- One Passport Size Photo (optional)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report (international applicants only). Please use ETS code 4852. You may also send a copy of your test result report in advance to expedite the admission review process.
You may use the forms provided with the online application to request that your undergraduate (bachelor's degree) transcripts be sent directly to the mailing address below:
University of Southern California
Office of Admission and Financial Aid
University Park Campus
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0915
We encourage applicants to upload unofficial transcripts to the on-line application. However, while the Admissions Committee can review an application with unofficial transcripts, a final decision cannot be rendered until official transcripts have been received and evaluated.
International students: Please ask your undergraduate institution to include an explanation of the grading system and information about how the transcript should be assessed. Transcripts in a language other than English must be accompanied by an English translation.
We require only one letter of recommendation. Your letter of recommendation is used as a gauge of your professional achievements and managerial potential. We prefer that your recommendation be provided by a direct supervisor. This person should provide specific observations and examples of your leadership, teamwork, analytical skills and personal qualities. Your letter of recommendation must be submitted online.
If you are reapplying, please submit the following:
- A completed online application for admission.
- Essays (two required, one optional)
- One new letter of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- Official score reports for any tests taken (GMAT or GRE, TOEFL or IELTS) since your last application
- An updated resume
- Application fee of $155.00
Visual interviews are a mandatory part of the IBEAR admission process. All shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview either in person or via SKYPE.
USC International Student English (ISE) Exam
All international applicants who have not earned a bachelor's degree from a university in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam.
To avoid delays in processing your application, we suggest that you have your TOEFL or IELTS scores sent to USC Marshall when you pre-register for the examination. You can also upload copies of your TOEFL or IELTS scores and your GMAT or GRE scores along with your application.
If you are required to take an English Language Exam, an official score report must be forwarded to USC by the testing agency. TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years. The TOEFL code for the USC Marshall MBA program is 4852.
USC’s Summer Intensive English Program Application
Some students may be asked to come to campus in May to attend USC’s Summer Intensive English Program. If you have been asked to enroll in the English Program, you may download the application form for the language academy here.
Please return application materials to:
IBEAR MBA Admissions
Stonier Hall 304
837 Downey Way
Los Angeles, CA 90089