Admission decisions are based on the applicant's work experience, academic background, test results, letters of recommendation and application essays. Applicants must have completed a minimum of six years of full-time work, military or graduate study prior to the start of the program. Interested individuals are strongly encouraged to visit IBEAR classes and discuss the program with current participants and alumni.
We are now accepting applications for IBEAR 45 2021 - 2022. We review applications as soon as an application file is complete. International applicants are encouraged to apply in the early rounds to allow for as much as possible for visa issuance and for arranging financing.
October 18, 2021
Decision release date December 20, 2021
January 3, 2022
Decision release date February 28, 2022
February 28, 2022
Decision Release date April 11, 2022
March 28, 2022
Decision Release date May 9, 2022
GMAT/ GRE/ EA Testing Requirements for 2021-22 Admissions Cycle
The Marshall School of Business IBEAR MBA Program allows for the submission of a request for a standardized test (GMAT or GRE) waiver. Only applicants who have applied to the program may request a waiver. In order to make the request, please use the Test Waiver Request Essay of the application to describe your rationale and make a compelling case for the request. Upon submission of your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to alert us of your submission*. The subject line on the email should read: “Request for Test Waiver – Application Submitted.” We will review your case and respond by email to your request for the waiver within 10 business days. Finally, you should review and consider carefully the following guidelines before making the request:
- Standardized tests provide the Admissions Committee with some evidence of a candidate’s ability to perform academically in the MBA core curriculum. The basis for your waiver request should be grounded in a record of exceptional academic achievement that includes demonstrated mathematical preparedness. While professional experience can be included as a component of the waiver request, the Admissions Committee will most strongly consider two elements: 1) overall academic achievement; and 2) performance in quantitative coursework.
- Applications – with or without test scores – will be reviewed holistically.
- The decision to grant or decline a waiver request should not be viewed as a signal of the ultimate admissions decision.
- Waivers will not be considered if an applicant has not submitted a complete application including uploaded copies of a résumé and all official academic transcripts.
- Test waivers will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Decisions on waiver requests are final, and Marshall will not respond to requests for re-consideration.
- Test scores serve as one consideration in merit-based scholarship decisions.
- Some employers may consider test scores in their evaluation of job applicants.
In the absence of a GRE/GMAT score, in addition to completing the Test Waiver essay, please be prepared to demonstrate in your application one or more of the following:
A strong undergraduate and/or graduate record in analytical coursework or disciplines
- CPA or CFA certifications
- Master's or advanced degree in an analytical discipline
- Certificate courses completed in an analytical discipline
- Extensive practical work experience in an analytical field
- A recent (valid or expired) GRE, GMAT or EA score
* Please include your First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, and CAS ID# (located in the top right corner of your online application) in the email, so that we can easily locate your file.
A complete application file includes the following:
- Online Application, including essays and one letter of recommendation
- Official Copy of Transcripts and Certificates of Graduation. Official transcripts should be obtained from each college/university attended in a sealed official envelope. Materials in a language other than English should be accompanied by a certified English translation. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized college or university.
- Official GMAT or GRE score report: To submit your test scores, please use ETS code 389-9C-66. For GRE, USC's ETS school code is 4852. A department code is not necessary. You may also send a copy of your result report in advance to expedite the admission review process to Diana Kurdian at Kurdian@marshall.usc.edu.
- Application Fee $155 (payment via online application process)
- Copy of Current Resume
- One Passport Size Photo (optional)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report (international applicants only). Please use ETS code 4852. You may also send a copy of your test result report in advance to expedite the admission review process.
You may use the forms provided with the online application to request that your undergraduate (bachelor's degree) transcripts be sent directly to the mailing address below:
University of Southern California
Office of Admission and Financial Aid
University Park Campus
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0915
We encourage applicants to upload unofficial transcripts to the on-line application. However, while the Admissions Committee can review an application with unofficial transcripts, a final decision cannot be rendered until official transcripts have been received and evaluated.
International students: Please ask your undergraduate institution to include an explanation of the grading system and information about how the transcript should be assessed. Transcripts in a language other than English must be accompanied by an English translation.
We require only one letter of recommendation. Your letter of recommendation is used as a gauge of your professional achievements and managerial potential. We prefer that your recommendation be provided by a direct supervisor. This person should provide specific observations and examples of your leadership, teamwork, analytical skills and personal qualities. Your letter of recommendation must be submitted online.
If you are reapplying, please submit the following:
- A completed online application for admission.
- Essays (two required, one optional)
- One new letter of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- Official score reports for any tests taken (GMAT or GRE, TOEFL or IELTS) since your last application
- An updated resume
- Application fee of $155.00
Visual interviews are a mandatory part of the IBEAR MBA admission process. All shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview either in person or via SKYPE.
USC International Student English (ISE) Exam
All international applicants who have not earned a bachelor's degree from a university in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam.
To avoid delays in processing your application, we suggest that you have your TOEFL or IELTS scores sent to USC Marshall when you pre-register for the examination. You can also upload copies of your TOEFL or IELTS scores and your GMAT or GRE scores along with your application.
If you are required to take an English Language Exam, an official score report must be forwarded to USC by the testing agency. TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years. The TOEFL code for the USC Marshall MBA program is 4852.
USC’s Summer Intensive English Program Application
Some students may be asked to come to campus in May to attend USC’s Summer Intensive English Program. If you have been asked to enroll in the English Program, you may download the application form for the language academy here.
Please return application materials to:
IBEAR MBA Admissions
Stonier Hall 304
837 Downey Way
Los Angeles, CA 90089