The IBEAR MBA International Business Consulting Projects will prepare you to be the provider or consumer of consulting services in your executive career, and, very importantly, it will train you to always apply rigorous and systematic problem-solving to all your decision-making:
- To teach rigorous, fact-based business problem-solving and critical thinking techniques that can be applied to any business decision-making, and are not limited to consulting
- To train in management consulting as a professional and as a client
- To develop relationships with global organizations by delivering superior value
Your training for this course will go well beyond classroom instruction. The IBCP is an apprenticeship . You will study consulting theory and techniques, but, more importantly, you will receive many hours of one-on-one coaching and guidance from your Faculty Advisor. For this reason:
- The projects are unlike more typical class projects that focus on research, but rather true consulting projects focused on using that research to deliver client-specific recommendations.
- You will be encouraged to develop a strong point-of-view about the correct answer, rather than merely offering options or opinions of what is possible. This promotes critical thinking and executive decision-making.
- You will experience and understand the importance of clarity of thought and communication in making sound business decisions.
As a participant in an International Business Consulting Project, you will commit to over 500 hours of personal effort, and to extensive interaction with your client, your team members and your Faculty Advisor, in order to provide the best possible solution to the client’s issue.
You will travel along with your team to the country of interest and you will personally conduct interviews of local experts and/or surveys of local consumers.
You will be responsible for locating the appropriate experts, contacting and arranging interviews with them.
Finally, you will undergo thorough training in the delivery of world-class executive presentations and you will present your final results to Marshall Faculty and to the team of company executives.