Marshall Business Administration (BUAD) students are required to take upper division business electives as a part of their degree requirements. These courses allow students to gain a deeper understanding of one or more aspects of business in which they have an interest. Marshall student who would like to focus on one specific area of business can declare a business emphasis. More information about our emphases programs can be found here.
Upper division business electives for BUAD majors should be selected based on a student’s personal and professional goals in consultation with academic advisors, career advisors and faculty elective advisors. The information and resources below can help you learn more about the courses that each Marshall department offers.
- BUAD majors are required to complete a total of 12 units of upper division Marshall electives.
- BUAD majors can choose from the following Marshall departments: ACCT, BAEP, BUCO, DSO, FBE, MKT, and MOR.
- Upper division courses are numbered 300-499. NOTE: Most courses that have an "x" may not be used toward the upper division elective requirement.
- BUAD majors can select courses from one department (depth) or from different departments (breadth).
- BUAD majors can also satisfy the Marshall upper division elective requirement through the Marshall International Exchange Program (IEP).
Marshall Upper Division Elective Course Resources
The guides below provide advice regarding which upper division elective courses are particularly useful for a given career path. You will see that careers in a variety of industries and functions can benefit from coursework taken in more than one department.
- Marketing (MKT)
- Management and Organization (MOR)
- Finance and Business Economics (FBE)
- Department of Data Sciences and Operations (DSO)
- Business Communication (BUCO)
- Lloyd Greif Center (BAEP)
- Leventhal School of Accounting (ACCT)
The recordings below provide students an opportunity to hear from panels of faculty elective advisors, departmental faculty and staff, students, and alumni about the upper division elective courses offered in their departments and how those courses connect with students' career and professional goals.
|DEPARTMENT||VIDEO LINK||POWER POINT LINK|
|ACCOUNTING||ACCT Panel Video||ACCT Panel PPT|
|FINANCE & BUSINESS ECONOMICS||FBE Panel Video||FBE PPT and Electives|
|BUSINESS COMMUNICATION||No video available||BUCO Electives|
|DATA SCIENCES & OPERATIONS||DSO Panel Video||DSO Panel PPT|
|MANAGEMENT & ORGANIZATION||MOR Panel Video||MOR Panel PPT|
|ENTREPRENEURSHIP||BAEP Panel Video|
|MARKETING||MKT Panel Video|