Marshall Business Administration students are required to take upper division business electives as a part of their degree requirements. These courses allow students to gain a deeper understanding of one or more aspects of business in which they have an interest.
Upper division business electives should be selected based on a student’s personal and professional goals in consultation with academic advisors, career advisors and faculty elective advisors. The information and resources below can help you learn more about the courses that each Marshall department offers.
- You are required to complete a total of 12 units of upper division Marshall electives.
- You can choose from the following Marshall departments: ACCT, BAEP, BUCO, DSO, FBE, MKT, and MOR.
- Upper division courses are numbered 300-499. NOTE: Most courses that have an "x" may not be used toward the upper division elective requirement.
- You can select courses from one department (depth) or from different departments (breadth).
- You can also satisfy the Marshall upper division elective requirement through the Marshall International Exchange Program (IEP).
Upper Division Elective Course Selection Guides
The guides below provide advice regarding which upper division elective courses are particularly useful for a given career path. You will see that careers in a variety of industries and functions can benefit from coursework taken in more than one department.
- Marketing (MKT)
- Management and Organization (MOR)
- Finance and Business Economics (FBE)
- Department of Data Sciences and Operations (DSO)
- Business Communication (BUCO)
- Lloyd Greif Center (BAEP)
- Leventhal School of Accounting (ACCT)
Marshall Upper Division Elective Panel Series
The Marshall Upper Division Elective Panels series provides students an opportunity to hear from faculty elective advisors, departmental faculty and staff, students, and alumni about the upper division elective courses offered in their departments and how those courses connect with students' career and professional goals.
The links below are the Panel Series recordings from the 2019-2020 academic year. We are not holding panels in fall 2020.
|DEPARTMENT||VIDEO LINK||POWER POINT LINK|
|ACCOUNTING||ACCT Panel Video||ACCT Panel PPT|
|FINANCE & BUSINESS ECONOMICS||FBE Panel Video||FBE PPT and Electives|
|BUSINESS COMMUNICATION||No video available||BUCO Electives|
|DATA SCIENCES & OPERATIONS||DSO Panel Video||DSO Panel PPT|
|MANAGEMENT & ORGANIZATION||MOR Panel Video||MOR Panel PPT|
|ENTREPRENEURSHIP||BAEP Panel Video|
|MARKETING||MKT Panel Video|