Mashall Business Administration students are required to take upper division electives as a part of their degree requirements. Upper division business electives allow students to gain a deeper understanding in one or more aspects of business in which they have an interest.
Upper division business electives should be selected based on a student’s personal and professional goals in consultation with academic advisors, career advisors and faculty elective advisors. The course information sheets and slides below can help you learn more about the upper division elective courses that each Marshall department offers.
How to Choose Your Marshall Upper Division Business Electives
- You are required to complete a total of 12 units of upper division business electives.
- Choose from the following departments: MKT, MOR, FBE, DSO, BUCO, BAEP and ACCT.
- Upper division courses are numbered 300-499; *NOTE: Most courses that have an “x” may not be used toward the upper division elective requirement.
- You can select courses from one department (depth) or choose a blend of courses from different departments (breadth).
- You can also satisfy the Upper Division Business Elective requirement through participation in a Marshall International Exchange Program (IEP). For more information on the Marshall International Exchange Program (IEP).
Course Selection Guides
The documents below were provide information regarding which upper division elective courses are particularly useful for a given career. You will see that careers in a variety of industries and functions can benefit from coursework taken in more than one department.
- Marketing (MKT)
- Management and Organization (MOR)
- Finance and Business Economics (FBE)
- Department of Data Sciences and Operations (DSO)
- Center for Management Communication (BUCO)
- Lloyd Greif Center (BAEP)
- Leventhal School of Accounting (ACCT)
Marshall Upper Division Elective Events
The purpose of the Marshall Upper Division Elective Panel Series is to connect the upper division course options at Marshall with your career and professional goals. This will be an opportunity to highlight the expertise of our faculty while promoting resources for Choosing Your Upper Division Electives. The format of the event will include a moderated panel of faculty elective advisors and colleagues from each department where faculty will have the opportunity to discuss the functional area, course options and the career connections tied to the curriculum.
|DEPARTMENT||VIDEO LINK||POWER POINT LINK|
|ACCOUNTING||ACCT Panel Video||ACCT Panel PPT|
|FINANCE & BUSINESS ECONOMICS||FBE Panel Video||No PPT Available|
|BUSINESS COMMUNICATION||No Video Available||BUCO Panel PPT|
|DATA SCIENCES & OPERATIONS||DSO Panel Video||DSO Panel PPT|
|MANAGEMENT & ORGANIZATION||MOR Panel Video||MOR Panel PPT|
|ENTREPRENEURSHIP||BAEP Panel Video||BAEP Panel PPT|
|MARKETING||MKT Panel Video||MKT Panel PPT|