Applications for Summer 2022 are Now Available and Due December 1, 2021
Info Session Zoom Recording: Click Here
For more information, click on the location image. Apply on TerraDotta.
Companies actively search for students who are tops in their classes, but who have also “cut their teeth” in the real world, and have actual experience within their field. The challenge facing those who wish to pursue a career in the international arena is even more problematic as the number of “hands-on” international experiences are few and far between, and international studies programs often only offer students a glimpse of life in another country, as seen through the university lens.
To address these issues, the Marshall School of Business has partnered with a number of internship providers and agencies to provide students access to internship experiences outside of the US. The goal is to provide students with theoretical as well as practical experiences working and navigating within the international global environment. Currently our partnerships are in London (one for first-years and one for more advanced students), Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Prague, Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. We also offer the Virtual, Worldwide program for fully remote work with no travel component.
Curious about the costs, the placement process, whom you will work for and what you will do? Download our Winslow-Maxwell Program FAQ’s
All locations except the advanced London option are open to all USC undergraduate majors interested in perfecting their leadership abilities within an international environment. Each location has different minimum unit requirements which are specified on the application
- Prague, Tokyo, Madrid, and Virtual, Worldwide require students to have completed 24 credits by January 1, 2022
- Rome, Singapore, Berlin, Sydney and Hong Kong require students to have completed 32 credits by January 1, 2022
- The Beginner London program requires students to have completed 32 credits by May 15, 2022
- The Advanced London program requires students to have completed 48 credits by January 1, 2022
In all of these programs, 16 of those units MUST have been completed at USC. (Freshmen who have entered USC with AP, IB, or other credits, or transfer students are welcome to apply as long as they meet the credit requirements.)
All applicants must have a minimum 2.75 GPA (3.00 for both London options, Tokyo, Singapore and Hong Kong). The option in Madrid has a preferred language proficiency, so please be sure to check the website for the specific requirements. You will submit ONE application and may select up to 3 locations, ranked in order of preference. We highly encourage you to do your research to narrow down to your top 3 destinations before you start your application.
Students selected by USC Marshall to participate in one of these locations are also eligible to apply for a need-based scholarship partially funded by the Winslow-Maxwell Foundation.
Applications for Summer 2022 are due on TerraDotta at 11:59pm on December 1, 2021. You will need the following to apply: A copy of your STARS report, an updated resume, and answers to two essay questions. The length of each essay should be approx. 400 words.
1. What makes you an ideal candidate for this program? List any classes, experiences, research, etc. that you feel have prepared you for this program, and make you a better candidate than your peers.
2. What do you expect from a summer internship abroad (either virtual or in-person)? What challenges do you expect to encounter and how will you cope with these challenges?