Transfer International Experience
A 2-unit course for Marshall and Leventhal transfer students to learn about the business, economic, and cultural environment outside the U.S.
The Transfer International Experience (TIE) program is a course for upper-level students who have transferred into Marshall or Leventhal from other institutions. It provides a first-hand perspective on how globalization affects companies and industries and helps students develop skills needed to succeed in business transactions across borders. The TIE course will help prepare upper-level students for managerial roles in businesses of the future.
Students admitted to the program will enroll in a 2-unit course, BUAD 206 during the Spring 2022 semester (class will meet on Fridays 10:00-11:50 am). The class will explore global business issues and problems, and will include presentations from international managers, politicians, and business leaders.
Every class session will include an experiential activity or project related activity, such as:
- Collaborative business projects
- Meetings with international businesses and managers
- Virtual cultural activities, like dance classes and cultural site visits
- ELC activities and international business simulations
- Career development sessions
There is NO CHARGE to be part of this program.
Throughout this course, students will develop these essential business skills:
• Cross-cultural communication
• Project management
• Critical thinking
• Team building & management
Students will enroll in BUAD 206: Transfer International Experience, a 2-credit class scheduled for Fridays 10:00-11:50 am. There is a seating capacity of 40 students per section, and students MUST request D-clearance prior to enrolling in the class (see below). Priority clearance will be given to students who request clearance by October 15th. Clearance after October 15th will be first-come first-serve.
Eligibility & Registration
There is NO APPLICATION for the class. BUT all students MUST request D-clearance for the class.
To be eligible to enroll, students must:
- be Marshall or Leventhal Majors at the time of your D-clearance request
- be an external transfer student (you must have attended another college/university for at least a year prior to arrival at USC to be considered a transfer student.)
- obtain D-clearance (see link below). Priority clearance is given to all students who request clearance by October 15th. Requests after October 15th will be processed first-come first-serve.
Students should submit D-clearance requests here.
If you would like to discuss your options in person, please contact the Marshall Undergraduate International Programs office at (213) 764-8447 or by email at email@example.com