- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- MBA Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Executive Education
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Program
- Experiential Learning Center
- Faculty & Research
- Academic Units
- Centers of Excellence
- Faculty Directory
- Mentoring Resources
- Alumni & Friends
- News and Events
- Alumni Online
- Alumni Groups
- Marshall Partners
- Support Marshall
- Contact Us
- Corporate Connections
- Engagement Opportunities
- Corporate Advisory Board
- Recruit and Hire
- News Room
- Featured Stories
- Upcoming Events
- Marshall in the Media
- Marshall News
- About Marshall
- Four-year undergraduate degree, or international equivalent. Applicants in the process of finishing an undergraduate degree may apply, with acceptance contingent on finishing the undergraduate degree.
- A completed online application, including two short essays, a professional résumé, and two letters of recommendation (one letter from a professor or individual who can attest to your academic capabilities; one letter from a work supervisor or similar).
- Application fee: $150.
- If you are an International student who did not spend 4 years completing a bachelor's degree at an American, British, Canadian or Australian college or university, you must submit proof of proficiency in English by way of an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report (Educational Testing Service's TOEFL school code for USC is 4852), or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- TOEFL ( http://www.toefl.org/) the Test of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS ( http://www.ielts.org/default.aspx) the International English Language Testing System
MSSE information sessions are held throughout the fall on USC’s main campus and online. Click here for dates and details.
The Admissions Committee will consider applications in two rounds. Round 1 will be January 15, 2015 and Round 2 will be March 15, 2015.
Click here to apply to the Master of Science in Social Entrepreneurship.
Selecting the MS in Social Entrepreneurship
Once logged in to the online application, you will need to select the Master of Science in Social Entrepreneurship as your degree program. Navigate to the "Application Information" page from the menu on the left and use the pull-down menu to select your matriculation semester (Fall 2015) as the answer to Question 1. Then select "Master of Science in Social Entrepreneurship (SOCE)" as the answers to Question 2 and Question 3.
You may use the forms provided with the online application to request that your undergraduate (bachelor's degree) transcripts be sent directly to the mailing address below:
University of Southern California
Office of Admission and Financial Aid
University Park Campus
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0915
Transcripts should be sent to USC only after the online application has been submitted. Please include the 10 digit USC ID you received through the online application process with your transcript.
We encourage applicants to upload unofficial transcripts to the online application. However, while the Admissions Committee can review an application with unofficial transcripts, a final decision cannot be rendered until official transcripts have been received and evaluated.
International students: Please ask your undergraduate institution to include an explanation of the grading system and information about how the transcript should be assessed. Transcripts in a language other than English must be accompanied by an English translation.
We see letters of recommendation as a gauge of your academic and professional achievements and leadership potential. Your recommenders should provide specific observations and examples of your character, teamwork, analytical skills, personal qualities, and commitment to social justice. You must submit two letters of recommendation through the online application; do not send letters separately.
Interviews are conducted by invitation only at the discretion of the Admissions Committee. On campus interviewing is preferred, but interviews via Skype may also available.
International students are required to take an English Language Exam. USC Marshall accepts the following exams:
An English language exam is not required for U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents. It can be waived for international students under either of two conditions: 1) If the candidate's native language is English (students from the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, excluding Quebec); or 2) If the candidate has received his/her bachelor's degree from a U.S. college or university.
If you are required to take an English Language Exam, an official score report must be forwarded to USC by the testing agency. TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years. The TOEFL code for the USC Marshall MSSE program is 4852.
To avoid delays in processing your application, we suggest that you ask to have your TOEFL or IELTS scores sent to USC Marshall when you pre-register for the examination. You can also upload copies of your TOEFL or IELTS scores — and your GMAT or GRE scores, if you wish to submit those — with your application. These unofficial copies are a supplement to, not a substitute for, the official copies which must come through the testing services.