- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- MBA Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Executive Education
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Program
- Experiential Learning Center
- Online Degree Programs
- Faculty & Research
- Academic Units
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Positions
- Faculty Resources
- Centers of Excellence
- Faculty Publications
- Research Fair Videos
- Alumni & Friends
- News and Events
- Alumni Online
- Alumni Groups
- Marshall Partners
- Support Marshall
- Contact Us
- USC Marshall Parents
- Corporate Connections
- Engagement Opportunities
- Corporate Advisory Board
- Recruit and Hire
- News Room
- Featured Stories
- Upcoming Events
- Marshall in the Media
- Marshall News
- About Marshall
- The Mobile City: Today, more people live inside of cities than outside of them, and mobile is a big part of city life. For example, we have roughly 4 million residents of Los Angeles – and about half of them use Waze. LA also recently launched an open data portal (you can even pull parking data!)
- Implications of 5G: Enhanced mobile broadband speeds and coverage impact mission critical services, wearables, smart homes and cities, autonomous vehicles and much, much more. Getting there will require innovation on a number of fronts, including use of spectrum. Additional work is being done by industry – and right here at USC (including a multi-disciplinary effort focused on the Internet of Things.
- Entertainment & the Fan Experience: Mobile has enabled an explosion of new service offerings in the entertainment/content space. Trends to watch are an increasing personalization of both the video and in-venue experience as well as a possible 're-bundling' as on-demand video offerings continue to fragment the viewer landscape.
- Consumer Preferences & Security: Multi-tasking is changing our perception of advertising effectiveness, and the role of primetime. Research now focuses on attention, not just viewership. Interestingly, smartphones are no longer the second screen during primetime. 94% of the time the smartphone is in use during primetime, it is the primary device of attention.
- Throughout the day, we also covered big data, connected cars, mobile monetization, drivers of the increase in video traffic over the network and much more.
Big Data Summit (presented in partnership with Variety and PwC). Nov 10, Montage Beverly Hills. The second annual Summit will explore data's growing impact on media and entertainment – and its implications for the future of commerce. Join senior executives in business and technology functions at USC Marshall’s signature event. Learn More...
Silicon Beach at USC. October 14, USC Campus. The 2016 Silicon Beach at USC conference will focus on the unique synergy of innovation, creativity, entrepreneurial thinking and technology that is driving the startup ecosystem and that continues to disrupt almost every major industry. Learn More...
Business Innovation in the Age of 5G. May 18, USC Campus. Join us for a forward looking conference focused on what business leaders need to know about 5G and how they can prepare their organizations for the future. Learn More...
USC CTM Roundtable Discussion: Digital Platform Ecosystems & On-Demand Platforms - – Feb 25, USC Centers of Excellence. CTM hosts a private roundtable discussion focused on how the structure of industry are both changing due to the spread of digital platform ecosystems. We will also discuss how on-demand platforms may be pushing us towards becoming real-time enterprises. Learn More...
Convergence of Technology and MediaWorld's foremost institute at the intersection of technology and content.
Silicon Beach @ USCSeptember 17-18, USC Campus, Los Angeles California
Become a MemberParticipate in CTM’s research, educational programs and executive forums
Leadership ForumsJoin our next exclusive gathering of industry leaders in technology, communications, data and content.
Institute for Communication Technology Management (CTM) is an industry-supported Center of Excellence within USC's Marshall School of Business. It is primarily focused on communications sector and its convergence with technology and media. CTM has over 20 corporate sponsors and is devoted to three primary endeavors:
Thank you for attending the May 18 Business Innovation in The Age of 5G: A USC CTM Digital Summit
The conference focused on the evolution of mobile and how it will impact city services, transportation, sports & entertainment, consumer research, and more. Highlights included:
SOME SPEAKER PRESENTATIONS AVAILABLE ONLINE
A number of the speakers made their presentations available to the event attendees. If you would like to see them, they can be found on the event website at www.marshall.usc.edu/faculty/centers/ctm/5g-summit.