- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- MBA Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Executive Education
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Program
- Experiential Learning Center
- Faculty & Research
- Academic Units
- Centers of Excellence
- Faculty Directory
- Alumni & Friends
- News and Events
- Alumni Online
- Alumni Groups
- Marshall Partners
- Support Marshall
- Contact Us
- Corporate Connections
- Engagement Opportunities
- Corporate Advisory Board
- Recruit and Hire
- News Room
Food Industry Executive Program in TEXAS
- Featured Stories
- Upcoming Events
- Marshall in the Media
- Marshall News
- About Marshall
- Understand the role and accountability for personal development and how to address organizational challenges
- Learn the characteristics of executive leadership: Integrity, Vision, Innovation, Interpersonal Relations
- Examine the leader's role in supporting creative thinking and generating new ideas
- Identify different management styles and when and how to use them
- Learn the key factors for effective teams in the food industry
- Walk away with practical techniques and tools for immediate application
- Understand business models in the context of assumptions, capabilities and resources
- Differentiate between value creation and value capture
- Examine how to make strategic choices in an analytical and integrative way
- Understand the historical perspective of the food retailing industry
- Hear a snapshot of where the industry is now and where it is going
- Social Networking and its Benefit to the Food Industry
- Recognize the benefits and challenges of organizational networks
- Identify key networks within your organization
- Understand the dramatic changes taking place in traditional marketing techniques
- Utilize financial analysis in management decisions
- Evaluate the financial impact and value of strategic decisions
- Understand how managers impact the bottom line and other key performance indicators
- Identify clear value propositions for target market segments
- Gain insights into successful strategic marketing
- Create a customer-driven marketing strategy
- Understand loyalty marketing and how to truly engage your customer
- Discuss the impact of customer service
- Learn effective tactics for developing lifelong customers
- Learn the effects of globalization, management priorities, technology and leadership in the food industry
- Understand methods on how to make the concepts practical
Location Details:5100 Legacy Drive, Plano, TexasCost:$3,250July 20, 2015 - July 23, 2015Registration for this course will close one week prior to course start date.
This newly redesigned four day program is taught by both faculty from USC Marshall School of Business and relevant Food Industry "Subject Matter Experts." This innovative program will enhance the participant's business mindset while providing key knowledge and the latest strategic tools.
Using recent industry case studies and interactive group discussions, this program includes topics varying from leadership development, team building and management, marketing strategy, ethics, power and influence, as well as economic theory. Attendees will complete the program inspired and equipped to influence and inspire their organizations.
TopicsUnderstanding Type and Building Strength Based Teams
$3,250 per person includes tuition and course materials.
Schedule and Sessions
Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 7:30am Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast 8:00am - 8:30am Introduction & Overview Review & Project Discussion Review & Project Discussion Review & Project Discussion 8:30am - 12:00pm Personal Leadership Executive Communication: Understanding Type and Building Strength Based Teams Industry Expert Guest Speaker Understanding the Financial Perspective 12:00pm - 1:00pm Lunch
Lunch Lunch Lunch 1:00pm - 3:00pm Developing a Strategic Mindset The Dynamic Landscape of Food Retailing Strategic Marketing Program Wrap-up & Presentations 3:00pm - 5:00pm Developing a Strategic Mindset Industry Expert Guest Speaker Developing Lifetime Customer Value Executive in Residence 5:00pm Opening Reception Group Work Group Work Reception & Graduation
Who Should Attend
The program is geared to food industry executives and high potentials managers seeking to grow and strengthen their leadership and strategic thinking skills.
"The Food Industry Executive Program changed my outlook on my whole career. The self-confidence I've gained from learning and accepting my personal leadership style is astounding. I can't believe I learned so much in only 4 days!"
- Branch Manager, Crossmark
"This program is an impactful, fast-moving course full of diverse subjects and extremely relevant speakers. It's a must for anyone looking to advance their thinking, their business and their career."
- Strategic Account Manager, Park City Group
"This program exceeded my expectations. Although I already have an MBA, I was able to learn so many new concepts that speak specifically to our industry. There are several things that I will take back to my company and local team that can positively impact business results. Having exposure to the speakers and networking with fellow classmates was truly invaluable and I would recommend this program in a heartbeat."
- Account Executive, Kellogg Company
To be announced shortly.