- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- MBA Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Executive Education
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Program
- Experiential Learning Center
- Faculty & Research
- Academic Units
- Centers of Excellence
- Faculty Directory
- Mentoring Resources
- Alumni & Friends
- News and Events
- Alumni Online
- Alumni Groups
- Marshall Partners
- Support Marshall
- Contact Us
- Corporate Connections
- Engagement Opportunities
- Corporate Advisory Board
- Recruit and Hire
- News Room
- Featured Stories
- Upcoming Events
- Marshall in the Media
- Marshall News
- About Marshall
- the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a score of at least 600 on the paper-based test, 250 on the computer-based version, or 100 on the Internet-based examination with no less than 20 on each of the four test components.
- the PTE (Pearson Test of English - Academic) with a minimum score of 70
- the IELTS with a score of 7, with no less than 6 on each band score.
- Completed on-line application form. (Current USC students should visit the FAQ page for details.)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores no more than 5 years old.
- Responses to several questions (part of the application).
- Two letters of recommendation (waived for current USC students and USC alumni). (Included with the online application process.)
- A nonrefundable application fee (waived for current USC students, USC staff, and USC alumni).
- One official transcript from the registrar of each college or university attended except for USC. If all college or postgraduate work has not been completed, transcripts must be sent again when work in progress is completed and the degree is posted. Transcripts written in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation. (Applicants whose prior degrees cannot be verified based on their official transcripts will be required to complete the degree verification process through the International Education Research Foundation – www.ierf.org/usc.)
- International applicants: TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores.
- Current USC students and USC alumni are not required to submit an application fee, new test scores, or transcripts to verify degrees earned prior to their attendance at USC. All current USC students must include their recent USC academic work in the Academic History section of the application but are NOT required to submit a USC transcript. Every applicant must complete the Essays and Documents section of the application by submitting responses to the questions in the Downloadable Form that corresponds with the certificate identified on the application.
- Current USC graduate students and USC alumni are not required to submit new letters of recommendation. See the FAQ page for more information.
- All other applicants must submit all documentation identified in the online application instructions including the application fee, official test scores, transcripts, additional information, and recommendations.
Admission requires a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or a GPA of at least 3.0 in current or prior graduate coursework. GMAT or GRE scores above the 80th percentile are preferred.
International (non-resident alien) applicants who wish to come to the U.S. to complete this program only (without being enrolled in a master's program at USC) must complete the full program (5 classes - 15 units) in no more than two semesters. International applicants are advised to consult the USC Schedule of Classes for future course offerings to ensure that it will be possible to complete the program in the time allowed.
Admission to a graduate program at USC requires the equivalent of a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree. For International students who did not complete a 4-year bachelor's degree at an American, British, Canadian or Australian college or university, proof of proficiency in English is required for admission. We accept the following test scores, as long as they are not more than 2 years old:
The Application Process
Applications to the Graduate Certificate are submitted on-line through the USC Marshall School of Business Admissions web site at http://www.marshall.usc.edu/admissions/applyonline. International applicants should also consult the instructions for international students published in the USC Graduate Admissions Application Booklet.
A full application includes the following items:
GMAT and PTE scores must be issued directly to USC by the GMAT testing service using the Marshall MBA school code - 389-9C-23. The school code for USC Marshall for the GRE is 4852. Scores must be from tests taken within the last five years.
GRE and TOEFL test scores must be sent by the Educational Testing Service directly to USC school code 4852.
If required, letters of recommendation should be processed through the electronic "Recommendations" section of the on-line application system, but may be sent via email to Sustainability@marshall.usc.edu. Hard copy letters may be sent to the address below.
Unofficial copies of transcripts may be submitted as uploaded attachments to the online application.
Official transcripts should be sent to:
Sustainability and Business Certificate Program
STO 301, USC
837 Downey Way
Los Angeles, CA 90089-1145
For application deadlines refer to the Dates and Deadlines page of this web site.
For more information, write to Sustainability@marshall.usc.edu or call (213) 740-0671.