- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- MBA Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Executive Education
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Program
- Experiential Learning Center
- Online Degree Programs
- Faculty & Research
- Academic Units
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Positions
- Faculty Resources
- Centers of Excellence
- Faculty Publications
- Research Fair Videos
- Alumni & Friends
- News and Events
- Alumni Online
- Alumni Groups
- Marshall Partners
- Support Marshall
- Contact Us
- USC Marshall Parents
- Corporate Connections
- Engagement Opportunities
- Corporate Advisory Board
- Recruit and Hire
- News Room
Beyond HR Metrics and Analytics: Evidence-Based Knowledge for Tough TimesThe Center for Effective Organizations Presents WorkshopDecember 22, 2008 • by News at Marshall
- Marshall News
- Upcoming Events
- Marshall in the Media
- Business Class Podcasts
- About Marshall
- John Boudreau, CEO research director, is recognized worldwide for breakthrough research on the bridge between superior human capital, talent, and sustainable competitive advantage. His recent books, "Beyond HR," "Investing in People" and "Achieving Strategic Excellence" describe the new decision science for human capital measurement and decisions.
- Alec Levenson, CEO research scientist, focuses on the economics of human resources and organization design, as well as HR and human capital metrics, analytics, and return on investment; and strategy. He works with companies to improve the quality of human capital analytics and increase the efficacy of HR programs and practices.
- Theresa Welbourne, CEO research professor and President and CEO of eePulse, Inc., runs several large research projects focused on developing interventions to improve organizational performance through people. Her work includes breakthrough thinking about employee engagement, based on data from large-scale, multi-firm, longitudinal studies on the predictors of firm growth and the role of employee energy in driving change.
- George Benson, CEO affiliated researcher and Associate Professor at the University of Texas at Arlington, has published numerous articles on talent management, employee development, and retention. He will present a case study on PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Tracy Faber is Vice President, HR, PepsiCo Customer Teams (who support all 5 North America PepsiCo divisions - Frito-Lay, Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade and Pepsi-Cola North America) and will present a case study on Frito-Lay.
USC Marshall Center for Effective Organizations Seminar for Professionals involved in HR Measurement, Research and Analysis Posits HR Measurement Must Become a Catalyst for Strategic Change
WHAT: The Center for Effective Organizations at the USC Marshall School of Business presents a two-day workshop that shows HR leaders who are developing or enhancing human resource measurement and data systems, as well as those who oversee HR research and analysis, how to turn measurement systems into catalysts for strategic organizational effectiveness. Participants will learn to start strategic conversations with the right data and help their leadership team enhance the strategic contribution of HR measurement and analysis. The program not only shows participants how to develop their HR measurement technology, but how to go further, providing an integrated framework to combine measures with strategic logic, change processes and savvy analysis.
The seminar's proven approaches to increasing the impact of HR measurement have been successfully applied in leading companies around the world including Corning, PepsiCo, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Royal Bank of Canada and Williams-Sonoma.
The workshop will be highly interactive and designed for participant learning. CEO research scientists will present evidence-based frameworks with practical implications for HR measurement and analysis, and leading companies will present their best practices that illustrate the use of these principles and tools.
Participants will be encouraged to bring information to the program about the state of metrics and analytics challenges in their organization. The information will be discussed and worked on throughout the seminar.
WHO: The workshop draws on the internationally recognized faculty at USC's Center for Effective Organizations and highly renowned practitioners:
WHEN: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 – Friday, January 30, 2009
WHERE: Portofino Hotel & Yacht Club, 260 Portofino Way, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
REGISTRATION: Deadline to register is January 6, 2009. Fees are $2,550 per person / Sponsor Company; $3,250 per person / Non-sponsor Company; Groups of three or more from the same company receive a 15% discount
MORE: More information about the seminar is available at marshall.usc.edu/ceo/seminars/2009-metrics.htm. Detailed registration and hotel information is available at marshall.usc.edu/ceo/seminars/2009-metrics-logistical-information.htm
CONTACT: Arienne McCracken at the Center for Effective Organizations at (213) 740-9814
About the USC Marshall School of Business
Consistently ranked among the nation's premier schools, USC Marshall is internationally recognized for its emphasis on entrepreneurship and innovation, social responsibility and path-breaking research. Located in the heart of Los Angeles, one of the world's leading business centers and the U.S. gateway to the Pacific Rim, Marshall offers its 5,700-plus undergraduate and graduate students a unique world view and impressive global experiential opportunities. With an alumni community spanning 123 countries, USC Marshall students join a worldwide community of thought leaders who are redefining the way business works.