- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- MBA Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Executive Education
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Program
- Experiential Learning Center
- Faculty & Research
- Academic Units
- Centers of Excellence
- Faculty Directory
- Mentoring Resources
- Alumni & Friends
- News and Events
- Alumni Online
- Alumni Groups
- Marshall Partners
- Support Marshall
- Contact Us
- Corporate Connections
- Engagement Opportunities
- Corporate Advisory Board
- Recruit and Hire
- News Room
Silicon Beach @USCWednesday, October 29, 2014
- Featured Stories
- Upcoming Events
- Marshall in the Media
- Marshall News
- About Marshall
- Mark Goldin, Chief Technology Officer, Cornerstone OnDemand
- Anthony Citrano, VP Communications & Chief Evangelist, Verizon EdgeCast
- Maury McIntyre, President & Chief Operating Officer, TV Academy
- Ryan Ozonian, Co-Founder & President, Cyber Dust
- Linda Abrams, Chief Marketing Officer, XPosure Media
- Garrett Brown, Chief Revenue Officer, Bitium
- Matthew Crowley, Principal, Crowley Corporate Attorneys
- Renee LaLonde, Founder & CEO, iTalent
- Douglas Montgomery, Vice President, Category Management, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group
- Josh Payne, CEO, Stack Commerce
- Matt Pierce, CEO, O Labs
- Jeffrey Thompson, Senior VP, Business Development & General Manager, RNN
- Micah Winkelspecht, CEO, Gem
- Kevin Winston, founder, Digital LA & founder, Silicon Beach Fest
- Apply to the Silicon Beach Awards by submitting a completed application packet (using the application form), Applications must be completed no later than 5:00 PM PDT Wednesday, October 6, 2014. Teams may make changes to/resubmit the application until the deadline. The form can be found at SiliconBeachUSC2014.istart.org.
- An information session is scheduled for September 24. The information session will include details on the semi-finals and provide additional materials for teams in the competition. Additional information on the session will be announced in the coming days on the Marshall and siliconbeachusc.com websites.
- Semi-finals. All eligible applicants will compete in a preliminary judging round on Oct 22. Finalists will be chosen following this round, and will be notified no later than Oct 24.
- The Silicon Beach Awards finals will be held on the USC at the Silicon Beach @ USC conference on Oct 29.
- Coaching sessions: Finalists will be eligible to participate in coaching sessions with the Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies during the week of Oct 20.
- Silicon Beach @ USC Conference Oct 29. Winners will be announced at the SB@USC event on October 29. To be eligible to win, all finalists must have at least one member in attendance on the 29th. Exhibition space may be available on-site for finalists upon request.
Silicon Beach at the University of Southern California
Oct 29, 2014 – USC Campus | Register Now
Led by USC’s Marshall School of Business and School of Cinematic Arts, the University of Southern California will host its third annual Silicon Beach conference on October 29th on the USC campus. The conference features over 500 game-changers and thought leaders from Hollywood studios, technology startups, and academia. Presenters include:
Silicon Beach Awards Venture Competition
USC is providing a very special opportunity for startups. Led by the Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies and the Institute for Communication Technology Management (CTM), USC's Marshall School of Business will host the third annual Silicon Beach Awards, a $50,000 venture competition focused on innovation in technology & entertainment. The Awards are a key part of the Silicon Beach @USC event which is co-sponsored by USC's Marshall School of Business, School of Cinematic Arts, and Viterbi School of Engineering.
About the Silicon Beach Awards
USC's Silicon Beach Awards provide recognition for innovation in digital media and technology.
ELIGIBILITY: New ventures focused on technology or entertainment are welcome to compete. Entering teams must have at least one current USC student (graduate or undergraduate), USC faculty member or at least one USC alum less than 5 years from graduation. PRIZES: Significant cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams: First place: $25,000, Second place: $15,000, Third place: $10,000.PROCESS:
Please note that USC will record the the Awards finals and the SB@USC event. Also, applicants will be interviewed for Silicon Beach @ USC communication materials.
For more information on Silicon Beach @ USC, including attendee and press registration, additional venture competition details, and sponsorship opportunities, please contact USC at 213-740-0980 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.