Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Competition
120 undergraduate students from 66 universities will win:
- Scholarships of $7,500 (finalists $12,500-$17,500)
- Access to career fairs and networking events
- Summer fashion industry internships
- Mentorships from industry leaders
- Industry job placement assistance
- Seminars and master class sessions with industry experts
Details about the Scholarship
All Fashion Scholarship Fund (FSF) scholarship applicants will enter a case study competition. 120 students who enter this competition will win a scholarship of $7,500 or more. A small number of the top winners will win a scholarship between $12,500 and $17,500. Last year, 646 applicants participated in this competition. Of the 26 USC students who participated in this case competition scholarship last year, 6 won scholarships of $7,500 each, for a total of $45,000. Click here for an Overview of this Case Competition Scholarship.
The deadline to submit the case study is October 18, 2021. This scholarship is open to all undergraduate sophomore, junior, and senior students at USC with a minimum GPA of 3.2 (except for seniors graduating in December, 2021). This is an individual scholarship, so all case studies must be completed individually.
To win a FSF Scholarship, you must complete a written case study in one of the following four areas:
- Merchandising – Create an online and in-store merchandising campaign that appeals to consumers in this changing retail environment while maintaining brand identity and authenticity. Click here for the Merchandising Case Study Prompt | Click here for the Six Month Sales Plan Template for this Case Prompt
- Design and Product Development – Create a collection that addresses the needs of post COVID-19 consumers. Click here for the Design and Product Development Case Study Prompt
- Marketing Analytics – Develop an innovative marketing strategy for a brand of your choice, analyzing its current marketing and communications, identifying areas for improvement, and proposing new approaches. Click here for the Marketing Analytics Case Study Prompt
- Supply Chain –Explore strategies to introduce greater flexibility in the distribution network and assortment planning process for a mono-brand. Click here for the Supply Chain Case Study Prompt
Please decide which area you would like to compete in, as you may only compete in one of the four areas listed above. Please note that both the Merchandising and Marketing Analytics areas are related to marketing issues. Click here for the Case Studies of Last Year’s Winners.
Students who win this scholarship will be invited to exclusive career fairs and networking events with industry leaders. The FSF helps scholarship winners find internships and jobs in the fashion industry, matches scholarship winners to mentors working in the fashion industry, and organizes for scholarship winners a variety of seminars and master classes with industry experts. Click here for a Video Information Session about this Case Competition Scholarship (this video is located near the bottom of the page).
Founded in 1937, the Fashion Scholarship Fund (FSF) is an international non-profit organization composed of influential members of the fashion industry. The Fashion Scholarship Fund’s goal is to advance the fashion industry by encouraging gifted and enterprising college students to learn about different types of opportunities in the fashion industry. Click here for the Fashion Scholarship Fund Website.
If you are interested in this Case Study Competition and would like to be placed on a mailing list to receive updates and additional information, please fill out the following survey as soon as possible: Click here for a Short Survey to be Placed on a Mailing List of Interested USC Students
If you have any questions, please email Professor Dennis Schorr at email@example.com.
Steps and Timeline to Apply
- Complete the Short Survey to be Placed on a Mailing List of Interested USC Students as soon as you decide to participate so that you can receive advice and updates. Click on this link for this survey.
- Register with the FSF on the Wizehive portal and fill out the FSF Applicant Profile and Eligibility Quiz as soon as you decide to participate so that you can receive communications and reminders. The link to register on Wizehive is https://webportalapp.com/sp/22_fashionscholarshipfund
- Work on the FSF Case Study. Select a company for your case study, conduct extensive research and analyses, and develop your ideas and recommendations. Click on this link for a research guide with information sources relevant to the fashion industry.
- Solicit advice and feedback from the USC FSF advisor: Professor Dennis Schorr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finalize your research, analyses, and recommendations.
- Prepare the Slide Deck for your FSF Case Study submission. Be sure to follow the format guidelines and check your submission against the judging criteria outlined in the case study prompt. For examples of winning case study submissions from last year, click on this link.
- You should submit a draft of your case study to Professor Schorr at email@example.com by September 30, 2021, so that it can be reviewed in advance of submission. However, you should seek Professor Schorr’s advice and feedback well before this date, as you develop the research, analyses, and recommendations for this case study.
- The deadline for registering with the FSF on Wizehive and filling out the FSF Applicant Profile and Eligibility Quiz is September 30, 2021. However, you should register with the FSF on Wizehive well before this deadline. You should register as soon as you decide to participate so that you receive relevant communications and reminders.
October 2021 – Before October 18, 2021 at 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
- Finalize the Slide Deck for your FSF Case Study submission.
- The DEADLINE for uploading your case study submission on Wizehive is October 18, 2021, before 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. The Wizehive submission portal will automatically close at this time. Therefore, all your submission materials must already be finished uploading by 11:59 AM Eastern Standard Time.
- The deadline of 12:00 PM is New York time. It must be submitted before 9:00 AM California time. Please don’t wait until the last minute to submit your case study. The uploading process might take some time. Case studies will not be accepted if they are not completely uploaded by this deadline. Submit early to make sure there are no last minute technical difficulties.