YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund Case Competition
More than 200 undergraduate students from 65 universities will win:
- Scholarships of $5,000 (finalists $7,500-$35,000)
- Expense-paid trip to NY for a January 2020
career fair, networking events and gala awards dinner
- Summer fashion industry internships
- Mentorships from industry leaders
- Industry job placement assistance
Click here for a Brochure about this Case Competition Scholarship.
Details about the Scholarship
All Fashion Scholarship Fund (FSF) scholarship applicants will enter a case study competition. Over 200 students who enter this competition will win a scholarship of $5,000 or more. A small number of the top winners will win a scholarship between $7,500 and $35,000. Last year, 740 applicants participated in this competition.
Click here for a One Page Summary about this Case Competition Scholarship.
The deadline to submit the case study is October 7, 2019. This scholarship is open to all undergraduate students at USC with a minimum GPA of 3.2 (except for students graduating in Spring, 2019, or freshmen starting at USC in Fall, 2019). This is an individual scholarship, so all case studies must be completed individually.
To win a YMA FSF Scholarship, you must complete a written case study in either a) marketing & merchandising, b) design & product development, c) analytics, or d) supply chain management. This year, the FSF case study is focused on Fashion Collaboration. You may focus the case study on a fashion retailer or brand of your choice, and you will develop recommendations for that retailer on collaborating with another company, an individual, or an institution that is focused outside of the fashion industry.
Additional clarification about the case study can be found on a FAQ page at the YMA FSF website.
Students who win this scholarship will be invited to the FSF Awards Gala in New York City in January, 2020 (expenses paid by the YMA FSF). The Awards Gala includes networking and information events with company recruiters in the fashion industry, a FSF career fair, and the FSF awards dinner. The YMA FSF helps scholars to find internships and jobs in the fashion industry and matches scholars to mentors working in the fashion industry.
Founded in 1937, the YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund (FSF) is an international non-profit organization composed of influential members of the fashion industry. The Fashion Scholarship Fund’s goal is to advance the fashion industry by encouraging gifted and enterprising young people to learn about different types of opportunities in the fashion industry.
If you have any questions, please email Professor Dennis Schorr at email@example.com.
Steps and Timeline to Apply
April – September, 2019
- Work on Case Study.
- Send an email to Professor Schorr at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to participate. Send this email as soon as you decide to participate so you can receive advice and updates.
- Solicit advice and feedback from the USC FSF advisors: Professor Dennis Schorr at email@example.com and Professor Steve Barth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 1, 2019
- If you plan to participate, send an email to Professor Schorr at email@example.com before September 1, 2019.
- SlideRoom portal opens for the 2020 FSF Scholarship competition. Please note that the SlideRoom portal will not be available before September 1, 2019.
- The link to the SlideRoom applicant portal is https://ymafsf.slideroom.com.
September 1 – 13, 2019
- First time FSF applicants will create their new SlideRoom account.
- Repeat FSF applicants will use their SlideRoom account and login credentials they set up last year.
- All applicants complete the FSF Scholarship Application and Summer Internship Survey on SlideRoom. Remember to click “Save and Exit”.
Before September 20, 2019
- Applicants submit a current resume to Professor Dennis Schorr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants submit their most recent STARS report (showing your current GPA) to Professor Dennis Schorr at email@example.com. This is to verify that you meet the eligibility requirements for this scholarship
- Professor Schorr will upload your resume and STARS report to the FSF Dropbox. DO NOT attempt to upload these documents with your case study to SlideRoom as the scholarship competition is ANONYMOUS.
Before September 23, 2019
- Applicants submit a draft of their case study to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com so that it can be reviewed in advance of submission.
Before October 7, 2019 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
- DEADLINE for case study submissions on SlideRoom – must be uploaded by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time.
- The deadline of 11:59 PM is New York time. It must be submitted by 8:59 PM California time. Please don’t wait until the last minute to submit your case study. Case studies will not be accepted if they are not in by this deadline. Submit early to make sure there are no last minute technical difficulties.