USC Marshall has partnered with Global Experiences to provide students access to the internship opportunities in Rome, as well as arrange housing and provide support while the student is in the country. Students will intern with a firm personally selected based on their interests, background and experience, as well as the needs and requirements of the company.
PROGRAM DATES: MAY 31 - August 1, 2020
- Students Arrive in Rome: May 31, 2020
- Language Start: June 1, 2020
- Internship: June 8 - July 31, 2020
- Last Day in Rome Residence: August 1, 2020
- This is open to USC undergraduates who will have completed 32 units by January 1, 2020. Of these units, 16 MUST have been taken at USC (for Freshmen and transfer students, you are eligible for the program is you brought in a minimum of 14 AP, IB, or transfer units, and have completed a minimum of 16 units during the Fall 2019 semester.)
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must possess a valid passport by January 1, 2020, which is valid until January 30, 2021.
- Applicants are recommended to have some course background in the field in which they wish to intern. For example, those wishing to intern in Financial Services should have completed at least BUAD 306 Business Finance or a related course. Those looking to go into any general business field should have completed BUAD 304 Leading Organizations, or at least 1 business course. Those looking to intern in event planning or advertising or for an entrepreneurial venture need not have any business course background.
Students will live in shared flats/apartments while in Rome.
|Program Costs (includes placement, interview(s), orientation and housing in Rome)||$6700|
|USC International Insurance||$310|
|Additional Costs (Estimated):|
|Living Expenses: food, local transportation, entertainment, etc. (estimated)||$800|
** Students are responsible for booking their own flights. Students must arrive in Rome no later than June 1, 2020. Students must also not depart Rome prior to July 31, 2020.
There will be a limited number of scholarships available to students of the program. The scholarship will be awarded based on need and merit, and require submission of an application and financial documentation. These items will be distributed upon admission into the program.
The application is all on-line. If you wish to apply for more than 1 location (ie, Prague and Madrid) you may select up to 3 destinations on your application. You will only submit ONE application. The deadline for receipt of application is November 27, 2019. You will need to upload a resume as well as a copy of your STARS report as part of the on-line application. Please be aware of all corresponding deadlines.
Please note: All students admitted into the program are guaranteed an internship.
Apply Here! >> Rome Application
Scholarship Application (only submit once if applying to multiple locations)
INTERNSHIP PLACEMENTS: (SUMMER 2020)
Rome has a history that spans 28 centuries, making it home to rich culture and insanely beautiful, famous sites such as Vatican City and the Colosseum. Lose yourself in the winding streets of the Trastevere, explore ancient Roman ruins, visit world-renowned museums, and sample cuisines from all over Italy.
As the capital city and business hub of Italy, Rome has a wide range of internship opportunities in various industries to offer participants. This includes placements in areas of Business, Marketing, Communications, Fashion, Art, Design, and Architecture.
All internships are unpaid. Internship placements in Rome are full-time and for 5 days per week (Monday-Friday).
If you would like more information on costs, placement process, which companies and what you will be doing in the internship, please download and read our Winslow-Maxwell Program FAQ’s
The internship placements are made by Global Experiences, and are based on the position and duties you wish to complete (as expressed in your internship essay and interview) during your internship, as well as your experience and skills, and the needs and requirements of the company you will be placed with. Do NOT expect to be working with only a major brand recognized company, as most openings will be with SMEs. In fact, often smaller companies offer opportunities that are more in line with the student interests than larger companies. The goal of the program is to provide students with a quality learning experience, not necessarily for students to work for the biggest company.