Commencement consists of a main ceremony at 9 a.m. for all degree candidates and their families, followed by a satellite ceremony at 11 a.m. at the Galen Center for Marshall students graduating with a BS in Business Administration. There will be a Reception at 1:30 p.m. on the Bridge Hall Lawn (between Hoffman Hall & Bridge Hall).
For the Class of 2018, Commencement will be held on Friday, May 11, 2018. Complete information including a link to the Live Stream of the ceremony is available on the main Marshall Commencement Page.
For information regarding the main USC commencement, which takes place prior to the Marshall ceremonies, please visit the USC Commencement website.
For information regarding registration for the Marshall satellite ceremony, disabled seating, honors, diplomas and other details, please see the 2017 Marshall Undergraduate information sheet embedded below.
If your expected graduation date is Fall 2017, May 2018 or August 2018, please look for emails from email@example.com for all commencement-related information. If you have any specific questions regarding the Marshall undergraduate satellite ceremony or the Marshall undergraduate reception, you may contact the Marshall Undergraduate Advising Office at 213-740-0690 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All general inquiries should be directed to the main USC Commencement Website.
Marshall Undergraduate Ceremony & Reception Details:
Main Ceremony: 9 a.m. in Alumni Park. (Students begin lining up at 8:30 a.m., and it is strongly recommended that you arrive much earlier for parking, etc.)
Marshall Undergraduate Satellite Ceremony: 11 a.m. at Galen Center
Reception: Immediately following ceremony, on Bridge Hall Lawn between Bridge Memorial Hall and Hoffman Hall
Contact: Marshall Undergraduate Advising – email@example.com
Details: Click here for more information
Live video feed: A live video feed of the ceremony will be available on the Marshall website on May 15, 2017
GRADUATE LINE-UP INFORMATION:
- Marshall graduates should make their way to the Galen Center to line-up by 10:50 a.m. at the latest. The line-up opens at 10 a.m. If you are not in line, you will not participate in the ceremony.
- The Marshall satellite ceremony begins at 11 a.m.and ends at approximately 1:30 p.m. Please remember that no graduates will be permitted to leave the ceremony until the ceremony has ended; all graduates must remain in the Galen Center for the entirety of the ceremony and recess out together. Plans for individual celebrations after the ceremony should be scheduled no earlier than 3 p.m.
- Line-up entrance will be in the Loading Dock Garage of the Galen Center on Flower Street.
- Graduates who are physically disabled should identify themselves to the staff when entering the line-up so that they may be seated where they will have access to a ramp.
- Commencement Marshals will be directing the line-up, processional, and seating. Please pay attention to instructions from the Marshals on the day-of.
- Graduates are not allowed to bring food, drink, or bags (including backpacks) to the ceremony. Small purses are allowed.
- Please remember there are no bathroom facilities available in the line-up area. You must stay in line once you arrive.
- The Marshall satellite ceremony is for graduating Marshall undergraduate majors only.
- Seating for graduates is not assigned.
- Graduates are welcome to line up with friends; however, there is no guarantee students will be able to sit next to their friends due to the flow of the line up and seating arrangement.
- Each graduate’s chair will have a blue card and a pencil on it. This card is used to read your name during commencement.
POLICY ON ALCOHOL, OTHER SUBSTANCES, and BEHAVIOR:
- All commencement activities are alcohol and substance-free events.
- We will be enforcing a zero-tolerance policy which means students should not attempt to bring alcohol and other substances to the ceremony.
- Additionally, any student who is visibly intoxicated, disruptive, or exudes inappropriate behavior will be escorted out of the line-up or the ceremony by event staff and security.
GALEN CENTER GUEST POLICIES:
- Guests are also not allowed to bring backpacks, balloons, weapons, banners, horns or other noise makers, food or drinks inside the Galen Center. Strollers and tripods must be left in the reserved lobby spaces and are not permitted into the seating areas.
- Per Galen Center seating policies, guests are not allowed to save seats for large parties. Only one (1) seat may be saved on either side of a seat. Please make sure your entire party arrives and enters Galen together.
- Guests who require wheel chair access will be offered priority seating, beginning at 9:45AM. These guests will be asked to enter through the Galen Center disabled seating section. Due to limited seating, we can accommodate only one accompanying family member in the disabled section.
- During the ceremony, standing in the aisles and obstructing views is prohibited.