Click Here to purchase a copy of the 2018 Marshall Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony.
Commencement consists of a main ceremony at 8:30 a.m. for all degree candidates and their families, followed by a satellite ceremony at 11:00 a.m. at the Galen Center for Marshall students graduating with a BS in Business Administration. There will be a Reception at 1:30 p.m. on the Bridge Hall Lawn (between Hoffman Hall & Bridge Hall).
For the Class of 2019, Commencement will be held on Friday, May 10, 2019. Complete information including a link to the Live Stream of the ceremony is available on the main Marshall Commencement Page.
For information regarding the main USC commencement, which takes place prior to the Marshall ceremonies, please visit the USC Commencement website.
For information regarding registration for the Marshall satellite ceremony, disabled seating, honors, diplomas and other details, please see the 2018 Marshall Undergraduate information sheet embedded below.
If your expected graduation date is Fall 2018, May 2019 or August 2019, please look for emails from email@example.com for all commencement-related information. If you have any specific questions regarding the Marshall undergraduate satellite ceremony or the Marshall undergraduate reception, you may contact the Marshall Undergraduate Advising Office at 213-740-0690 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All general inquiries should be directed to the main USC Commencement Website.
Marshall Undergraduate Ceremony & Reception Details
Main Ceremony: 8:30 a.m. in Alumni Park. Guests should plan on arriving to campus by 7:00 a.m. to secure parking. Marshall students should assemble at Von Kleinsmid Center (VKC) along Trousdale Pkwy by 8:00 a.m. for the 8:30 a.m. processional. Marshall students will be seated on the northwest side of Alumni Park; therefore, guests may wish to sit near that area. Tickets are not needed for the main ceremony.
Marshall Undergraduate Satellite Ceremony: Immediately following the main ceremony, Marshall graduates should check-in and assemble for the Marshall Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony at the Galen Center. Graduates will line up and enter via the designated graduate entrance on the south side of Galen Center. Guest seating will be offered on a first come, first served basis; tickets are not required for guests. The doors for guest seating will open at 9:30 a.m.
Reception: Immediately following the ceremony, on Bridge Hall Lawn between Bridge Memorial Hall and Hoffman Hall.
Contact: Marshall Undergraduate Advising – email@example.com
Details: Click here for more information
Live video feed: A live video feed of the ceremony will be available on the Marshall website on May 10, 2019
Students planning to participate in the Marshall Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony at the Galen Center must register their attendance. Students will be sent information regarding ceremony registration to your USC email account in March.
Those who graduated in December 2018 or have an anticipated graduation date of May 2019 or August 2019 are invited to participate in commencement. Students who will not be graduating until December 2019 are welcome to participate, though their names will not appear in the Commencement Program until May 2020 and they will not be eligible to wear honor cords or sashes.
GRADUATE LINE-UP INFORMATION:
- Marshall graduates should make their way to the Galen Center to line-up by 10:50 a.m. or immediately following the main ceremony. The line-up opens at 9:30 a.m.
- The Marshall satellite ceremony begins at 11:00 a.m. and ends at approximately 2:00 p.m. Please remember that no graduates will be permitted to leave the ceremony until the ceremony has ended; all graduates must remain in the Galen Center for the entirety of the ceremony and recess out together. Plans for individual celebrations after the ceremony should be scheduled no earlier than 3:00 p.m.
- Line-up entrance will be in the south side of the Galen Center through the fire entrance and loading dock garage on Flower Street.
- Graduates who are physically disabled should identify themselves to the staff when entering the line-up so that they may be seated where they will have access to a ramp.
- Commencement Marshals will be directing the line-up, processional, and seating. Please pay attention to instructions from the Marshals on the day-of.
- Graduates are not allowed to bring food, drink, or bags of any kind (including backpacks) to the ceremony. Each graduate should be prepared to enter through a metal detector for security purposes.
- Please remember there are no bathroom facilities available in the line-up area. You must stay in line once you arrive.
- The Marshall satellite ceremony is for graduating Marshall undergraduate majors only.
- Seating for graduates is not assigned.
- Graduates are welcome to line up with friends; however, there is no guarantee students will be able to sit next to their friends due to the flow of the line up and seating arrangement.
- Each graduate’s chair will have a blue card and a pencil on it. This card is used to read your name during commencement.
POLICY ON ALCOHOL, OTHER SUBSTANCES, and BEHAVIOR:
- All commencement activities are alcohol and substance-free events.
- We will be enforcing a zero-tolerance policy which means students should not attempt to bring alcohol and other substances to the ceremony.
- Additionally, any student who is visibly intoxicated, disruptive, or exudes inappropriate behavior will be escorted out of the line-up or the ceremony by event staff and security.
GALEN CENTER GUEST POLICIES:
- Guests are also not allowed to bring backpacks, balloons, weapons, banners, horns or other noise makers, food or drinks inside the Galen Center. Strollers and tripods must be left in the reserved lobby spaces and are not permitted into the seating areas.
- Each guest should be prepared to enter through a metal detector for security purposes.
- Per Galen Center seating policies, guests are not allowed to save seats for large parties. Only one (1) seat may be saved on either side of a seat. Please make sure your entire party arrives and enters Galen together.
- Guests who require wheel chair access will be offered priority seating, beginning at 9:15 a.m. These guests will be asked to enter through the Galen Center disabled seating section on the North side of the Galen Center. Due to limited seating, we can accommodate only one accompanying family member in the disabled section.
- During the ceremony, standing in the aisles and obstructing views is prohibited.