- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- MBA Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Executive Education
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Program
- Faculty & Research
- Academic Units
- Centers of Excellence
- Faculty Directory
- Mentoring Resources
- Alumni & Friends
- News and Events
- Alumni Online
- Alumni Groups
- Marshall Partners
- Support Marshall
- Contact Us
- Corporate Connections
- Engagement Opportunities
- Corporate Advisory Board
- Recruit and Hire
- News Room
Marshall Faculty HonoredFaculty Acknowledged for Mentoring, Innovation, Scholarship and Community SpiritMay 20, 2013 • by News at Marshall
- Featured Stories
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty in the News
- Marshall News
- About Marshall
- Sarah Bonner, Ernst & Young Professor of Accounting
- Michael Coombs, associate professor of clinical management and organization
- Gareth James, professor of information and operations management
- Gerard Tellis, Jerry and Nancy Neely Chair in American Enterprise and professor of marketing
- Kevin Fields, lecturer in finance and business economics
- Murat Bayiz, assistant professor of clinical information and operations management
- Nathanael Fast, assistant professor of management and organization
- Lars Perner, assistant professor of clinical marketing
- Zivia Sweeney, assistant professor of clinical accounting
- Fatemah Nazarian, assistant professor of clinical of finance and business economics
- Paat Rusmevichientong, associate professor of information and operations management
- Rex Kovacevich, professor of clinical marketing
- Randy Beatty, Accounting Circle Professor of Accounting
- Julia Plotts, assistant professor of clinical finance and business economics
- Murat Bayiz, assistant professor of clinical Information and operations managemen
- Arvind Bhambri, associate professor of management and organization was awarded the “Best Professor in the EMBA” program by the Los Angeles cohort.
- Nandini Rajagopalan, Captain Henry Simonsen Chair in Strategic Entrepreneurship and professor of management and organization was awarded “Teacher of the Year” by the EMBA San Diego cohort.
Marshall recognized the School’s faculty at the annual awards ceremony at Town & Gown on Wednesday, May 1. Individuals were honored with the following awards:
Evan C. Thompson Awards
Named in honor of Marshall alumnus and benefactor Evan C. Thompson, former president and CEO of United Television, Inc., the Evan C. Thompson Awards acknowledge excellence in innovative teaching and learning, and outstanding leadership and mentorship.
Evan C. Thompson Teaching & Learning Innovation Award
Patricia Mills, professor of clinical accounting, is the recipient of the 2013 Evan C. Thompson Teaching & Learning Innovation Award. This award is conferred upon individuals who develop new and innovative courses or course materials, implement new and innovative learning pedagogies and demonstrate commitment to students’ learning and success beyond accepted norms.
Evan C. Thompson Award for Mentoring and Leadership
The Evan C. Thompson Faculty Mentoring and Leadership Awards are presented to outstanding and dedicated faculty members of the Marshall School. Associate Professor of Marketing Anthony Dukes, McAlister Associate Professor of Business Administration & Associate Professor of Management and Organization Peer Fiss and Assistant Professor of Clinical Entrepreneurship Patrick Henry were recognized for maintaining a strong commitment and unselfish devotion to teaching-related mentoring activities and providing leadership in improving teaching capability and capacity of the School.
Mellon Mentoring Award
The USC Mellon Mentoring Awards are university-wide and honor individual faculty for helping build a supportive academic environment at USC through faculty-to-student and faculty-to-faculty mentoring. The following Marshall professors received this year’s Mellon Mentoring Awards:
In addition, Anthony Dukes, associate professor of marketing, received the USC mentoring award.
Dean’s Award for Research Excellence
Scholars whose research meets the highest aspirations of the School and University, who maintain strong publication records in premiere academic journals and academic presses and who have received national and international visibility for the quality of their research and the impact of their ideas are honored with the Dean’s Award for Research Excellence. Gordon Phillips, James McN. Stancill Chair in Business Administration and professor of finance and business economics; Paat Rusmevichientong, associate professor of information and operations management; and Wenguang Sun, assistant professor of information and operations management were this year’s recipients.
Golden Apple Awards
The Golden Apple Teaching Awards are student-choice awards given to professors who students believe have had the greatest impact both in and beyond the classroom. The awards recognize faculty who exceed expectations by presenting coursework in an innovative fashion, engaging students in the learning process and supporting students by assisting with job searches and projects and providing life advice.
The 2013 Golden Apple Awards recipients are:
EMBA Teaching Awards
Dean’s Award for Community
Dean’s Awards for Community are granted to faculty members who have risen above the call of duty to make the Marshall School a better place. The recipient of the 2013 Dean’s Award for Community is Dennis Rook, chair of the department of marketing and professor of clinical marketing.
About the USC Marshall School of Business
Consistently ranked among the nation's premier schools, USC Marshall is internationally recognized for its emphasis on entrepreneurship and innovation, social responsibility and path-breaking research. Located in the heart of Los Angeles, one of the world's leading business centers and the U.S. gateway to the Pacific Rim, Marshall offers its 5,700-plus undergraduate and graduate students a unique world view and impressive global experiential opportunities. With an alumni community spanning 123 countries, USC Marshall students join a worldwide community of thought leaders who are redefining the way business works.