- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- MBA Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Executive Education
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Program
- Experiential Learning Center
- Online Degree Programs
- Faculty & Research
- Academic Units
- Centers of Excellence
- Faculty Directory
- Alumni & Friends
- News and Events
- Alumni Online
- Alumni Groups
- Marshall Partners
- Support Marshall
- Contact Us
- Corporate Connections
- Engagement Opportunities
- Corporate Advisory Board
- Recruit and Hire
- News Room
Silicon Beach @ USCTuesday, September 17, 2013 - 9:00am - Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 5:00pm
- Featured Stories
- Upcoming Events
- Marshall in the Media
- Marshall News
- About Marshall
- Apply to the Silicon Beach Awards by submitting a completed application packet (using the application form), including a PowerPoint presentation outlining the proposed business. Applications must be completed no later than 5:00 PM PDT Monday, September 2, 2013. Teams may make changes to/resubmit the application until the deadline.
- An information session will be scheduled for the week of September 2. The information session will include details on the semi-finals and provide additional materials for teams in the competition. Additional information on the session will be announced in the coming days on the Marshall and siliconbeachusc.com websites.
- Semi-finals. All eligible applicants will compete in a preliminary judging round on September 10. Finalists will be chosen following this round, and will be notified no later than September 12.
- The Silicon Beach Awards finals will be held on the USC campus on September 17.
- Silicon Beach @ USC Conference September 18. Winners will be announced at the SB@USC event on September 18. To be eligible to win, all finalists must have at least one member in attendance on the 18th. Exhibition space may be available on-site for finalists upon request.
- Albert Cheng, Executive Vice President & Chief Product Officer, Digital Media, Disney/ABC Television Group
- Dorinda Marticorena, Senior Vice President, WW Marketing & New Technology, Home Video & Digital Distribution, Warner Bros.
- Hamet Watt, Co-founder & Chairman, MoviePass
- Jimmy Liu, CEO, Gymflow
- Rajiv Maheswaran, CEO, SecondSpectrum
- Jens Windau, CEO, AIO Robotics
- Ric Whitney, Head of VOD/EST, Intel Media
- Andrew Stalbow, Executive VP, Strategic Partnerships, Rovio
- David Watson, Director of Product Innovation, Kids, Netflix
- Gerry Tellis, Director, USC Center for Global Innovation & author, “Unrelenting Innovation”
- Jason Corsello, CMO, Cornerstone OnDemand
Location:Tutor Campus Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089
Silicon Beach @ USC: Sept 17-18, USC Campus
Led by the Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies and the Institute for Communication Technology Management (CTM), USC's Marshall School of Business will host the second annual Silicon Beach @ USC: a two-day event highlighting innovation in digital media and technology, on September 17 and 18 on the USC campus.
September 17 will feature a competition for new ventures pursuing opportunities in new media platforms and digital content and services. Organized by the Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, teams will compete for $50,000 in prize money.
On September 18, CTM will partner with the Entertainment Technology Center and a number of USC's schools to convene an intimate conference for industry leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, faculty and students focused on the intersection of technology and digital content.
The Silicon Beach Awards (SBAs)
USC's Silicon Beach Awards provide recognition for innovation in digital media and technology.
ELIGIBILITY: New ventures focused on technology or entertainment are welcome to compete. Entering teams must have at least one current USC student (graduate or undergraduate) or at least one USC alum less than 10 years from graduation.
PRIZES: Significant cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams: First place: $25,000, Second place: $15,000, Third place: $10,000. In addition, the top three finishers will also receive legal services from Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP, a premier law firm located in in the US, UK and Asia who are working with Fortune 500, FTSE 250 clients and start-up companies throughout a range of industries.
Silicon Beach @ USC Conference: Sept 18
YOUR FUTURE IS HERE
Tech Startups. Mobile Apps. Digital Devices. Streaming Entertainment.
Innovation in the technology and entertainment sectors has created unprecedented opportunity in Southern California – are you prepared? Silicon Beach @ USC will feature game-changers and thought leaders from Hollywood studios, technology startups, and academia. We will also recognize the next generation of innovators as we award over $50,000 to participants in the USC Silicon Beach Awards venture competition. This event is your chance to learn from, and connect with, the people who will shape your future. Please join us!
To attend: Register for the conference at: https://siliconbeachusc-2013.eventbrite.com
Please note that USC will record the SBA finals and the SB@USC event. Also, applicants may be interviewed for Silicon Beach @ USC communication materials.
For more information on Silicon Beach @ USC, including attendee and press registration, additional venture competition details, and sponsorship opportunities, please contact USC at 213-740-0980 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.