- Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- MBA Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
- Specialized Masters Programs
- Executive Education
- Certificate Programs
- PhD Program
- Experiential Learning Center
- Online Degree Programs
- Faculty & Research
- Academic Units
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Positions
- Faculty Resources
- Centers of Excellence
- Alumni & Friends
- News and Events
- Alumni Online
- Alumni Groups
- Marshall Partners
- Support Marshall
- Contact Us
- USC Marshall Parents
- Corporate Connections
- Engagement Opportunities
- Corporate Advisory Board
- Recruit and Hire
- News Room
- Featured Stories
- Upcoming Events
- Marshall in the Media
- Marshall News
- About Marshall
- It creates entirely new markets and improves the quality of products while reducing prices. Thus, innovation simultaneously drives economic growth while improving consumer welfare.
- Firms at the leading edge of innovation tend to dominate world markets and promote the international competitiveness of their home economies.
- Innovation drives creation of rent-generating patents that help corporations and entire countries. It is no surprise, therefore, that governments throughout the world have realized the importance of innovation.
- Which are the most innovative nations and regions of the world?
- Why are some nations and regions so innovative while others lag behind in innovativeness?
- How to design new products from web chatter?
- How have innovations affected the rise of nations throughout history?
- Do innovations payoff?
- How do technologies evolve?
- How to predict takeoff and sales of new products?
- What are key drivers of firms' innovation?
- How to sustain a culture of relentless innovation?
- Should firms make or buy innovations?
- Do spinoffs perform better than buyouts?
Research | Publications
Powered by world-class research
The Center for Global Innovation is anchored in the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California. In addition to the school’s own scholars, it draws on research talent from around the globe. It includes scholars from Cambridge University, the London Business School, Koc University, and Imperial College London.
What we study
Innovation -- the use of new technology to create new products and services -- is crucial to the growth of firms and economies for several reasons.
Find Answers to Pressing Questions in Innovation
The Center's is researching the following important questions in innovation:
The Center has published research on the following questions:
Creating indices of global innovation
The Center has developed indices of the most innovative countries, regions, and cities of the world.